SORN for winter?

How many people here SORN their motorbike for the winter?

I won’t ride mine until it’s warmer again, so seems like a wise thing to do for £30-£40 or so…

You need proper gear not SORN

6 Likes

Yep, you can get some great ride outs in winter. Cold dry days can be awesome.

1 Like

Dude just went out this morning!!
I love riding in crisp cold weather and the scenery is so beautiful: leaves turning red,brown KTM orange!

1 Like

Haha! You lot are mad! It’s cooooollllldddd :joy:

Winter gear is so bulky too

I loved my dainese winter 2piece. Felt very light. Ok.not mesh level lightness but still

A dry winter’s day is great for riding… Even better to ride when snow all around but roads dry

1 Like

Struth it’ll be some folks feel the rain and others get wet next

Just got in from a couple of hours out on the bike, it was fab!

4 Likes

But I only taxed my bike this month after having SORNed it for the summer. Did I get that wrong?

Went out today for a wee trip around the Southampton area. Almost a good day, but my heated grips died on Wednesday and I missed them so much for my arthritic hands.

Being Honda O.E.M. ones they will probably charge even more to repair than their already overpriced cost.

3 Likes

Rode 570 miles last weekend, Leeds then Snowdonia. Looking forward to more trips over the winter.

What you need are heated grips, heated seat and a big screen…

First Sunday of November is the London to Brighton veteran car run, I’ll be following on the the bike, can’t do it with a car. Early start, leaves from the Mall.

4 Likes

Too much information! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Funnily enough I’ve just re-taxed mine and I was having a quiet moan with myself how much it has gone up over the years, there was a time VED on a bike was a token few quid now it is enough quids that you actually notice it.

Even then it doesn’t seem worth the effort of SORN’ing just to save £30 and miss out on some nice rides.

My car however, that is a different story, I haven’t moved it since August and should have put it on SORN immediately on return from the summer holiday. And it’s a lot more quids.

1 Like

Stop being a fair weather rider :smiley:

Winter rides just become shorter and with more stops for coffees and cakes to warm up!

4 Likes

You’ll probably miss autumnal sunsets if you’ve SORN’d the bike plus you can’t beat the feeling of a rear wheel spinning up in 3rd gear to really feel alive :joy:

5 Likes

Thought this was a biker’s forum?

1 Like

:joy:

Although… Essex, grr

Would be up for this, but not on my MT-07 :joy:

My wee CB500F wishes it were a mighty MT-07.

I was only out for a leisure ride, it started raining shortly after the puddle, I was wet, the heated grips had died recently, the roads were covered in wet leaves. It was obviously what to do.

So I just carried on for another 180 miles, stopping off in Clacton and enjoying the afternoon sun on dry roads. Lovely day.

1 Like

There was a time when a LB ride wasn’t an LB ride without a ford. Last across yours truly on an 11month old Bonne’

Happy Days

4 Likes

I’m in that but I’ll be honest I don’t remember it.

TDM’s have that effect on people :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like