Which replacement bike?

I’m notoriously impatient. :slight_smile:

I’ve decided, it’s going to be the 750 :slight_smile: Someone else can be the guinea pig with the RSV4 :slight_smile:

Good choice I reckon.

I do like Suzukis, something about them.

Only had two bikes so far but both Suzukis. Would love a Gixer.

If I had the cash I would go the exotic route and go for the Aprilia RSV-4:)

The other I like is the RC8 09, I know your not so keen on V-twins Jay, but take one out for a ride. I was impressed.

gsxr"s going down in price (new) by the week, 750 like the 1000 will also be available on 0% very shortly:)

Is that official or presumed?

Good choice :wink:

Why not try something competely different - KTM Super Duke

I did try it gixergooner :slight_smile:

http://londonbikers.com/articles/3667/a-day-in-london-on-the-2007-ktm-superduke

Jay waiiiit don’t buy the 750 just yet, you have been ridding the thou for a long time, now if you get a 750 I belive from own experience you will be desapointed, the lack of power you get from a 750 compared to the thou is really big, if I was you I would get a track bike buy a ticket track day 2009 season spend some valued time on a track cheap bike them at the end of the year you go and buy the aprilia remember this is derivated from motogp no mess around and I belive will be the bike to have in 2010. Plus I think if you buy the 750 you are steping back instead of going forward.

Well, I was out on a friends '08 CBR 600RR this weekend and I loved that, so I think I’ll be okay. The thou was a great road bike, but it wasn’t a perfect match for me on track. It was just a tad oversized and not as nimble as a smaller bike. I customised it to make up for the difference, but it took a lot of work to do that. With the 750, I won’t have to do so much. I’ve already decided on a basic set of mods which should get it handling better.

I’d love the Aprilia Rhalf, but it’s just too much of a gamble to wait for an undetermined amount of time to spend £15k on a bike that nobody has ridden, is brand new i.e. no predecessor and with a new engine built in-house for the first time. It’s a long shot, and it’s not the right time to be taking long-shots in my books.

What I’ll do is get the 750 and then see what the 2010 RSV4 is like. I have the option of trading in then if I like it.

Still think you should give that new R1 a try, but I hear you about nimbleness of smaller capacity bikes…I used to love track days on my R6.

Gonna be test riding a few bikes towards the end of the month myself.

Had an 08 r1

last year found it fast but not that easy to ride, i have a gsxr k6 600

now which is really good but wish i would of gone for the 750. if i can ill be getting a 750 in the summer the 600 is quiet fast but my srad 750 is faster

but not as easy to ride as the k6 so in my opinion i would get a k8/9 gsxr 750

but then i am biased towards suzukis hence my forum name suzukisi :stuck_out_tongue:

Just buy my K6 and use the dosh you save to stick on an Ohlins and do the forks. Job done :slight_smile: And if you have more money burning a hole in your pocket you could look at some BST’s (for track use, might feel flighty on the road).

nice jay :slight_smile:

suzukisi, your story says a lot about my line of thinking :slight_smile: I’ve been reminding myself of the 750 awesomeness by watching some youtube vids of trackdays and dyno runs. The dyno runs make me melt. The stratospheric rev-range makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and I love to rev my bikes!

Fridayman, tempting, but I’m after the 08 really. Sorry dude :slight_smile:

Are you selling the extras? I might be interested in some.

I haven’t really thought about it, but suppose it would be the wise thing to do. Anything in particular that you were after?

I saw the 09 R1 in Dubai over Christmas… Don’t know how the guy got it lol. Whatever qualms you have about the looks will disappear when you hear it. Traffic stopped when he flew off the lights! And I wee’d myself a little bit! The bike is a damned animal…

The exhaust for sure. I assume it uses a link-pipe to bypass the cat?

lamree, nice! It sounds bloody amazing, I know, I would love a motogp-inspired bike, but my mind is made up now. I think :slight_smile:

Why not contact Racefit themselves Jay - not entirely sure Et’s Mega will fit an '08 Gixxer ?