what got you into biking

As a kid I was the last one out of all my friends to get a bicycle as money was tight but even now I can remember it well, an Elswick Hopper for £26 secondhand. Loved the freedom and speed of two wheels.So a few years later after saving the pennies joined the Fizzy brigade on my 16th birthday and never stopped biking since.

Those ped days were great times…not given up cycling either:w00t:

I hope you didn’t take the pedal chain off your fizzy Brian. Otherwise the Scooter boys will brand you a drug dealer;):smiley:

In those days the only thing coming off my Fizzy was me:D The funny thing was that if you removed the pedals and put footrests on it was classed as a motorcycle. You could pass your test on it and then buy a 750 if you wanted:cool:

Also used to ride pillion with my father when little, then he got me my first 50cc scooter, everyone had one where I grew up, then 125cc.

Always wanted a proper bike but was never allowed, so 2 years ago thought it’s now or never and took the plunge! My only regret is waiting so long to do it!

I used to sit in the car and see those big fat rear tyres in front of me and thought… I want a boyfriend with a bike… then one day I thought “well, if I can be the doctor my mother wanted me to marry, I sure as hell can get the bike myself too” – the rest is history! :)Find it really difficult to understand why someone would only want to be a pillion rider, and not get off their butts and do their own test!

But then maybe thats just me getting my b***s out! ;):smiley:

If you are planning on doing that at BMM can you let me know in advance please;):D… Oh!! Sorry… One too many stars for “baps”…ooops:D

i’ve always loved bikes. my father always had them and used to take me out for a spin. he used to work for a car dealership but they also had a honda bike dealership tacked on the side so he would regularly come home on the latest releases and take me out on them. i knew all the models from all the manufacturers as a kid in single figures and as soon as i was big enough i would ride his up and down our road (a bit naughty but it was very qiuet and in the '70’s so you could get away with stuff like that) untill i turned 16 and got my first bike… a yellow Yamaha FS1EDX. a real shitter with the loudest expansion pipe in bucks but i loved it.

Well, for me it was easy…

I could insure an R6 for less than what all my mates were paying on Corsa’s and Fiesta’s. Shame its not the same for my R1 Doh!

That are being ridden everywhere on the back of a ZZR 1100 as a child :smiley:

well i started riding when i was about 6…i had a lawnmower engine strapped to a frame and tootled around bike festivals…then i grew up a little and wanted to do motocross…my mum said not until l i give BMX a try to see how i get on…competed for a full season and then got an old KX125…

my parents registered me into a club and they sorted out my ACU to let me compete for one year…my number i was given was 114…i’ll never forget it…lol…

after dis-locating my thumb…going threw many plastics and and getting my leg caught up in someones chain (wheel had to be removed to get my boot out),my parents were getting worried when i said i wanted to give speedway a go…they put their foot down and said enough was enough…

i did tho in the mean time race a some great tracks including chippingham,elsworth,and i think washbrook…and many more i cant remember…but my fav was the western super mare beach race with over a thousand races crackin on at one time…lolol

so after that i knocked it on the head and rode about on a fs1 50…(with a yb 100 lump donated into it) then got an RD 350 lc…got caught by the filth riding it illigally…then didnt touch em for a while…ohh…i had an rgv250 in there somewere too…lol…

so few years ago…sorted meself out with a gsxr 750 slingshot and then got me a gsxr 750 k6…and never looked back!!

smiled:D.

as a old school biker i grew up in the 70s. i started in 1975 when i needed a ped for work while i was saving for a kh250 which i got on my seventeenth birthday.none of my parents or my brother had bikes or even liked them but barry sheene was in his hay day then and it was such an exciting time.you also had the transatlantic races at that time and it was so exciting to watch.the japs had only started importing about 5 years before and around that time started making some real stylish bikes.when u consider before that all we had was leaky bsa’s which were not reliable at all.great times and open roads were all on the horizon

Having my best racing (pedal) bike stolen. A rare, handbuilt French beast with top of range Campagnolo from end to end.

I discovered friends, and beer, and motocycle and scooters and have been going downhill ever since.

Oldguy

Hehe… ever thought of changing your name to ‘cheekymonkey’ :wink:

We do have other names for him, but we cant even use them in the adult section :D:P

Hehe… ;):slight_smile:

It’s only the fact that SteveGSX is such a thick c*** that he can’t spell charming , suave and debonair:P:D:D

It’s only the fact that SteveGSX is such a thick c*** that he can’t spell charming , suave and debonair:P:D:D
[/quote]
google them did you chunkypants?:Dsmiled:).

google them did you chunkypants?:Dsmiled:).
[/quote]
And you should google how to use quotes young Smiled:P;)

You’re going to have to blame our dad for this one! He was the only one into motorbikes in the family, but then I’ve been on the back of his since day one. Always loved them, can’t quite work out why it took me so long to get my own bike. Uni and lack of money got in the way I suppose. Did my CBT and DAS at 23, then got myself a Honda 400 superfour, wrote this off 4 months later, so I got my Bandit 600.

Vicky aka Fishface just bought her first motorbike yesterday! A better 125. So once she turns 17 in April, that’ll be all three of us on our own bikes! :smiley: Still can’t convince anyone else in the family that bikes are great tho! :wink:

This post was from me as the delete button doesnt seem to of worked.:hehe:

i was about 3 or 4 years old and my cousin had a motorcross bike he`d sit me on the tank and take me for a spine round our council estate scaryring me mum to bits. my dad never wanted me to get a bikie but that made me want to get 1 even more

been riding on the road scince i was 16 had a few mopeds but kept blowing them up had two aprilia rs125s blew the first one updidn`t learn me lession and blew the second one up.

i did me das september 2005 passed second time and have been riding big bikes ever scince