what got you into biking

in mcn this week it asks 5 famous people why they got in to biking so come on guys why did you for me its was cos mum said no

Its in my blood.

Used to work in a restaurant. couple of the lads in the flat upstairs had CBRs, used to drool over the bikes on smoke breaks

Was bought up on them:hehe:

Ken Livingstone, got sick of the underground (prices, reliability, and time it took).

That was three years ago, and not looked back (can’t back doesn’t allow the movement :smiley: )

My dad rode bikes, i was brought up sitting in the side car whenever him and mum went out…err brothers had em…then other half had em…even my NAN rode bikes in good ol bonny scotland !!!

Apart from that, “what got me into bikes?”…err set of leathers,helmet,gloves? oh and a bike?..(smirky smirk smirk !!)

my dad rode, my mum rode as did my aunt, both were club 59 members:)
its in my blood i s’pose, cars have never interested me:D

Speed, acceleration, making a car perform like a bike is too expensive. cars get too sterile after a while.

My Dad used to ride before he had a major off. But for years i always loved pillion riding.
When i could afford it and had some time off work…Decided to go for it.

i was concieved on one. :smiley:

Being ridden around on the back of a Fireblade on one wheel everywhere when I was 12. Oh the good times… Smitten with biking for life since then!

Seeing the Cagiva Mito for the first time and realising how easy it was to get to ride one (costs aside).

Never got one in the end (got an RS125), but after seeing that and reading about the Busa when it first came out, I was hooked.

Been on two wheels since I was 6, cycled EVERYWHERE.

Mum spotted the potential and persuaded my biker cousin to SCARE the CR@P out of me by wheelying on one… it worked… continued cycling everywhere.

Then I saw a stunning chick on a Vespa 125, real Italian chic whizzing through the traffic. CBT, DAS, work in the world oif British Superbikes, WSB and MotoGP now…

Hardly cycle anywhere any more… :slight_smile:

Going to Italy a lot when I was little and dreaming of one day buzzing around on a real Vespa.
Then, 20 years later, going to the IoW for a weekend, accidently picking the scooter rally weekend. I decided to buy a Vespa the day I got back.

Now I want something taller and more stable as well as the scoot.

My Mum & Dad were bikers regulars at the Ace :cool: My Dad still races so I guess it was in my blood from a very early age. :slight_smile:

Or could it have been that John@Thompson told me it was a fact that if I rode around illegally on a ped that I would turn into a drug dealing drunk driver with lots of money from robbing banks and I wanted to prove him wrong :wink:

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic309245-46-1.aspx

[quote]
Grimbusa (14/02/2008)

My Mum & Dad were bikers regulars at the Ace :cool: My Dad still races so I guess it was in my blood from a very early age. :)Or could it have been that John@Thompson told me it was a fact that if I rode around illegally on a ped that I would turn into a drug dealing drunk driver with lots of money from robbing banks and I wanted to prove him wrong :wink:

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic309245-46-1.aspx[/quote]How on earth do your parents live with the fact you rode around on an illegal ped? If John@Thompson got his way you would have been put on the “At Risk Register” I’ts a wonder you aren’t doing time for armed robery as we speak. The vermin of society are all to be blamed on yoof’s riding peds with no baffles in.tut tut:cool:

For me it was cheaper to get a 125/CBT than a car/car test pass …then I discovered two-strokes…

I hope you and him are very happy together;) Your leathers and his snot coloured ones make a lovely couple;):smiley:

well untill 7 years ago i never even looked at bikes apart from knowing they had 2 wheels, we went on holiday to Rhodes and i hired out a scooter to ride the kids along the beech while chris drove along in the car behind, came home and 3 days later went out and got a bike 2 months later went for my test.

:laugh: