what got you into biking

I used to ride pillion on my Dad’s DT250 and GT550 and also went pillion on my brothers CBR 600 and I was hooked. Then when I was able to afford it I took my CBT with my friend and bought a TZR 125 then when I could really afford it (plus the financial assistance of the same friend who put me through my full license) I bought myself a 92 'blade.

Oh I loved that bike.

Living on a farm on the yorkshire moors we had a farm hand who had a dirt bike for tearing across the fields digging out sheep lost in the snow, Soon convinced my adoptive daddy to let me have a kmx200 and it all started from there many fzr’s and cbr’s later i found my real dad and discovered he owned a bike shop:D guess its in the blood!:stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty much 'coz my parents forbad me from getting on a bike. Did at 13 (pillion), a year later rode my first bike. Was hooked. Nagged till just gone 16 when I bought my first bike with holiday work money. Parents gave in thinking it was a passing phase, 33 years later and it still hasn’t worn off. Only been without a bike for 3 years in that time.
Truly in my blood.
When my brother was old enough, folks bought the bike off me and gave it to him, he never took to it.

-Steve

it was all the fissies, ss50, garrelli’s etc whizzing about just had to have one, to go to school on…oh how badass we thought we were :smiley:

always luv’d bikes but previous gf’s (been a few) :Whistling: wouldn’t let me so when i turn’t single last time went out n got one :smiley:

My Dad always had motorcycles…big Kawasaki street bikes…and dirt bikes. Some of my earliest memories are of riding with him…he got me a 50cc dirt bike not long after I got the training wheels off my bike…and it’s been a never ending progression of dirt bikes/atvs/street bikes ever since.

got a job in canary wharf, hated the commute so got a 125 scooter thinking i’d never want anything more. used to park next to a newbie guy on a fazer and decided yep, i want something bigger. Within 6 months i had done my test and was on my first 600 :slight_smile:

Four bikes later…

Haha whoops… of course i meant two-stroke Motorcycles…

My big bro Beemerman’s Norton Dominator. One of these…

i got fed up with cars being sterile and simply boring after some time. used to cycle in full gear down to das training place… :smiley:

cracking thread this:D keep’em coming!

My mum and dad ride bikes and when i was 10 i was given my 1st bike a Puch 50 scrambeler.

I hope it was restricted young man:cool:

We would hate to offend Mr.Thompson;)

got a puch maxi 50cc when i was 6. then raced crossers for years and always pi$$ed around in the fields on em too. Then at 21 i decided it was time to have a bash at road bikes and did DAS…a year later i decided to have a bash at trackdays…1 month later i bought a race bike…one month later i won my first race. the rest is painful :hehe:

haha that made me chuckle:D good on ya fella, you must LUUURVE bikes;)

Forgot to say, I started with one of these :cool:

Jealous? :smiley:

KOOOOOOOOLLLL!:w00t:

I grew up in Italy so bikes were alwasy around, when i was about 3 or 4 I actually remember pointing to a green monster of a bike (must have been a suzuki probably) and begging someone to put me on it - maybe i thought it was one of those electric thingys you get outside supermarkets where you put 50p in the slot.

Anyway, years later i was going through some old photos and what do i find? a photo of me on that very bike!

I’m 33 now and i’ve been riding off and on since I was 15.

I started with a malaguti fifty top!

well i got into biking from going on the back of my mates 50cc scooter in 2000, that was it, i was hooked!, i bought a few peds first, then decided to get a 125 motorbike, then when i moved to London i did me bike test and that was it!, woot.

I love my bikes.:D:w00t:

Got fooked off with the cost of public transport into work, rushed out and bought a scooter, did my CBT on a geared bike and realised I preferred bikes to scoots, so sold the scoot with 600 miles on the clock. By this time I was comletely bitten by the bike bug :stuck_out_tongue:
Was gonna practice for nearly 2 years and then take the test, but being the impatient bstd that I am took it 3 months after the CBT. Fkn love it !

My old man used to go down the Ace years ago, when they used to race up to hanger lane and back.