Sunday 26.11.12

this ride is already shaping up to be a good one.

Where is our leader? :smiley:

Heā€™ll be over at the Esso taking on some go go juice, checking oil, inflating tyres etc :wink:

Unnamed Author
24-11-12

ā€œforging a Degas for Julie`s Christmas present, maybe Cat could bring her tutu round and give me 10 minutes modelling time while I bang one outā€

Checking Oil? He doesnā€™t do that, surely!

I just ā€œgot freeā€ to find out that the kids havenā€™t done their homework for tomorrow, so Iā€™m going nowhere despite the beautiful weather :frowning:

Hmm a nice day in MK now, dry and sunny, i was up till 4am so eyes are burning, hope you guys have a good one. The sofa and a DVD are calling me :slight_smile:

Weā€™ve been out playing today, no need to go looking for Fords, we had so many to ride through it was fun :smiley: but not when some cock decides to drive towards you at 50 mph :angry:

^^ exactly :angry:

left the group just before lunch as i had an appointment to show my spare room, iā€™m still here waiting.

not really impressed as i could have stayed and enjoy my lunch with you guys, oh well at least i gave the bike a good clean up (again) :smiley:

hope you get back safe.

Sorted just before dark too

Just waiting for the ride reports now, see what Iā€™ve missed :frowning:

Well another eventful day with the Jets, if it went smoothly it would be boring :smiley:

Nice to meet angie_b and her friend ? it went further down hill after you left, as we pretended to be submariners.

Cheers for the country roads on the way back, that will learn me for having a slightly tinted visor.

Back safe just before the rain.:slight_smile:

Big thanks to Frank for tailgunning.:smiley:

Nice to meet Angie and Gary, you`ll know the cornerman system for next time.:stuck_out_tongue:

Alba, shame you had to go back to no avail.:blink:

We had some good unexpected puddles to keep everyone on their toes.:w00t:

We took the B1368 ftom Hertford up towards Cambridge before cutting across to join the A1198 to Huntingdon.

Lunch was taken in the George Hotel (2 main courses for Ā£9.95)

After lunch the remaining three bikes headed north to pick up the B660 which had a suprise in store for us.:cool:

It was closed due to flooding in Kimbolton!

All my preparatory ford detours were our salvation as we boldly entered the flood with bystanders taking pictures.:Wow:

Russ seemed less than impressed by this turn of events.:smiley:

Anyway after the double dip free bike wash it was plain sailing all the way home.:slight_smile:

Great day out, some cracking roads, especially on the way back (in between) moat crossings :w00t:
Good to meet Angie B & Gary :slight_smile:

Art, glad to see the Bonne back in shape. Missed your expert Tail Gunning :smiley:

Mr & Mrs J, many thanks for leading another blinda :smiley:

Massive thanks to you all for having me along, I loved my day out, it exceeded my expectations and Iā€™m looking forward to doing it again :slight_smile:

Promise not to be such a trouble maker next time :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]
**CurlyAlly (22/11/2012)[/ Family party - at least Iā€™ll get to try out all my wet weather gear! Also busy the week after, but planning to do a Finchingfield newbie ride out on Saturday 8th Dec - will post up nearer the time.

Ally, I remember your post about wet weather gear, have you found the perfect combination? How did the test go at the weekend?
Iā€™m also interested in your newbie ride plans:) sounds good.

They are not all like that, promiseā€¦:wink:

My momma always said, "A Jetstream event was like ā€¦

Just like to say Hi and thanks to all that went out on Sundays ride, it was fun and I will do it again soon. keep me posted

[quote]
Lstar (26/11/2012)

So, yes I did ride down and back to the Isle of Wight this weekend and Iā€™m delighted to say I remained bone dryā€¦from the neck down. At one point I thought that my waterproof romper suit was leaking around the bum area - was getting very cold and it ā€˜feltā€™ wet, but it transpired I was just sitting in a pool of water which was obviously colder than me in my ā€˜boil in the bagā€™ number! Despite this latter quality, I also managed to not get sweaty! The legs on the romper suit were long enough to drape over the top of my relatively short biker boots and even though the boots got soaked externally - accidently drove through some rather deep puddles, my feet stayed bone dry :D. My technical biker socks did a really good job of keeping my tootsies warm too, but might want heated boot liners when the temps gets closer to zero. Need to upgrade my gloves - they worked ok, but could be a lot better and had to wear latex inners to remain dry. Also as water penetrated the surface they felt really bulky which was ultimately the main problem - reduced feeling and sensitivity when steering, which in turn made me more cautious that I needed to be.

The main issue was my most expensive bit of kit - my lid - Ā£330 worth of Shark Evoline 3. Supposedly fog proof visor. Pah! So had to keep visor up a smidge to keeping fogging to a minimum. When I bought it they said the inside surface could only be cleaned/treated with water to preserve the anti - fog coating. Would be great to court opinion on what else I can do. Will also ring the dealership to see what they say. The net result was that not only was I riding with greatly reduced visibility, but also the water drenched my neckliner :angry:

So news gloves and replaced or retreated visor and I should be good to go!

^^^^^^^^^ only thing to do to stop fogging is get a pinlock! worth every penny. on every ride, whatever the weather,my visor goes down and stays down, hasnt misted up ever, even on the coldest wetest mornings.

[/quote]

The main issue was my most expensive bit of kit - my lid - Ā£330 worth of Shark Evoline 3. Supposedly fog proof visor. Pah! So had to keep visor up a smidge to keeping fogging to a minimum. When I bought it they said the inside surface could only be cleaned/treated with water to preserve the anti - fog coating. Would be great to court opinion on what else I can do. Will also ring the dealership to see what they say. The net result was that not only was I riding with greatly reduced visibility, but also the water drenched my neckliner :angry:

So news gloves and replaced or retreated visor and I should be good to go!

[/quote]

Just called the dealership - would appear that this i s a recurring problem - the anti-fog stuff degenerates over time - 6 months seems a bit quick though?! Anyway they have been sent the treating spray and will treat it again at no charge - should apparenlt be then good for a year at which time they will treat it again. If it doesnā€™t work this time, I will consider asking for a refund as it isnā€™t fit for purpose, but have to be seen to give them a fair chance first.
Unfortunately my lid isnā€™t set up for pinlock :frowning:
Next lid will be as it seems everybody swears by it.

Get a ā€œstick onā€ pinlock. I used one on my last lid, and it was superb. Cost Ā£20, self-adhesive, and just as good as a ā€œrealā€ pinlock.

-simon