Sunday 10th July 125/L Plate Friendly/New to big Bike

Hope you all have a great day! Was nice to see so many of you turn up, sorry I couldn’t join you… I’m just on my way into work now :crying: Have fun and think of poor old me! :smiley:

Home safe and sound, fuel light came on just after joining the M4 but we made it home before filling up.:PThanks Tim for a great day out and Triskie for tailgunning.

Was nice to meet a few new folks and ride some roads we`d not been on before.:slight_smile: 190 miles door to door.

well aprilia rs 125 not really :smiley:

thank you very much for a brilliant ride out door to door 234miles :stuck_out_tongue:

i am looking forword to another one after i save up some money for meal and loads of fuel :D:D

It was nice riding wit you all :wink: Thanks for great day out, looking forward to seeing you again :slight_smile:

Just back, caught a little bit of rain. Bumped into ltl_flipper and someone else on the A406 - can’t really miss that bike flip :smiley:

Thanks Tim and everyone else - that was a completely EPIC ride. It felt like an initiation in a way. Sorry if I was so slow. I was trying to keep to the speed limits (I thought that was what I was meant to do :cool: ) , and even if I didn’t do that, I wrung its neck and …well…it’s just a 125.

It was lovely to meet you all too. :smiley: What a great bunch you are.

That’d be Flip’s bf :slight_smile:

Day was absolutely fabulous, great rides, loads of fun, nice scenery, great weather, until we got onto the A406 :blink:

from ace cafe to me place ~200 miles :slight_smile:

Cheers Tim et al :slight_smile:

Thanks for a great intro to LB rideots and my first view of the White Horse at Uffington.

I’m looking forward to the next one!

Very enjoyable ride, nice roads and brilliant scenery. Thanks Tim and everyone, it was nice to meet you. Looking forward to a next time.

Ironically we made our last miles back home on the tube, as our bike died down in Westminster with a flat battery and no charging. :slight_smile: Still, Triumphs ruled the ride while it lasted, aven’t they? :smiley:

Just a bit of info throwing here :slight_smile:

The one white horse we passed, short before being stuck behind muppets in caravans, is likely the Hackpen White Horse
http://www.wiltshirewhitehorses.org.uk/hackpen.html

Tim said we passed another one as well, but I didn’t see it, and no idea where it was.
But I guess since we were around in that area, it could have been this one in Broad Town
http://www.wiltshirewhitehorses.org.uk/broadtown.html

:slight_smile:

Thanks all for a good day shame I didn’t make it to the end, Finally made it back about 6.30, got a bit worried when the first recovery was for a car, luckily he was just there to help load onto the flat bed, thanks to Jackie for keeping me calm and Tim for trying to get it going, espically for not laughing when it cut out when trying to get up the other side of the hill. :slight_smile: Thanks to Allie for keeping me company until help for taking the bike apart was free and cheering me up by letting me have a go on her stunt bike, and to Dan for helping take it apart as I’m not very good at removing tanks without spilling contents everywhere.

Hopefully be back up and running soon. take care where you fill up everyone recovery thinks it’s fuel contamination they have seen a lot of it recently.

ah yes, completely forgot in me post with picies further above…:

Thanks to everyone for the ride and Tim for organizing it :slight_smile:

fuel contamination? :blink:
Never heard that before. Where did you fill up?

Google maps link to the mentioned horses above:
Hackpen white horse
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=marlborough&hl=en&ll=51.472429,-1.817524&spn=0.002797,0.008256&sll=51.275662,-1.853256&sspn=0.089883,0.264187&t=h&z=18

Broad Town
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=marlborough&hl=en&ll=51.503325,-1.859144&spn=0.001397,0.004128&sll=51.275662,-1.853256&sspn=0.089883,0.264187&t=h&z=19

hang on, we came past that one as well? :blink:

I didn’t even realise we’d gone past two! I can only remember the one.

:blink:

The White Horse at Uffington (Dragon Hill) is on the left just before the pub where we waited for Tim when Gem’s bike broke down. You can’t really see it from the road if you’re going in that direction, as it is behind you and to the left as you turn a hairpin bend in a dip.

No idea what the second white horse was called, but loved that road, we hadn’t been up there before.

Fuel contamination - you don’t want to hear about it! It cost £700+ once when we had some contaminated fuel from an Esso station in Sherringham and despite several letters of complaint we didn’t even get an apology.

you dont need to thank me your one of my bitches and i have to take care of me bitches :smiley:

Oooh, if you zoom out on the maps rsciw posted you can see the hair pin. Needless to say I was not concentrating on horses at that point. But coming towards and up that hill in the first map was…geez, I’ve still got a smile on my face thinking about that. I think Janey mentioned the red kites soaring about as well.

HA HA HA HA was on my way back from seeing Gem and from stunting :smiley: And that was my fella on the black gixxer :stuck_out_tongue:

Just got off the phone from the chap. He rang his insurance company when he got home that night.

Meh.