Sunday 10th July 125/L Plate Friendly/New to big Bike

Ok Folks Start Ace Cafe nw107ud 10am

As title Paced for those Listed

No Knobheads

No Pissheads

No Solid White Overtakers

No Late Brakers

If you want to be wide open throttle on a non 125 bike …Not the Ride for youMilage to be announced ( when i fully decide which way to go ) ( not more than 150 )My bike may make it without breaking down ( for a change )Attendance Donations greatfully received either towards SERV or London Air Ambulance …So come on get your name down …

Ohhh go on then :smiley:

Put me down for tailgun as well :wink:

If my fuel pump is in good working order, I’ll be there.

Put me down for a provisional :wink:

Although I’ve had my licence for yonks and I ride a '675, I’m not used to riding in groups and I think this’ll be a a good introduction to it.

NAAAAAAAAAA why Sunday???

I can’t have fun!

Add me to the list Ta!. :slight_smile:

Might join you at the destination… keep me posted :slight_smile:

like to join you but have other plans so can’t make it. ride safe.

Flipper its not all about the destination its about the journey there …

Ta Kev

Diaz its a sunday because … its the day before monday … when time is needed to prepare for a week of work …

Ty Trisckie

Will do Gem

Janey your more than welcome and you will be fine

FBB be good to see you so fingers crossed all goes well pump Wise

I keep missing Tim’s summer rides:crying: Back down in London this evening, then back up here again Sunday, but am hoping to get another in soon ish.

i’try to get there

Would love to join you :smiley:

got a destination yet? :w00t:

pondering about it, but really doubt I’ll be awake that early :blink:

'Ola Amigos! :smiley:

I’ll be there… ;o)

Another to the list!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you going via Finchingfield?? :smiley:

i always have a destination in mind … wether i choose that one on the day is another matter …

of you wish to know it … you need to participate…

[quote]
TimR (08/07/2011)

Oh darn … someone I want to meet up there way, be cool to share the ride if you go … or I have to go it alone :slight_smile: Have a nice Sunday!

Edit … okay … which compass direction from the Ace?? :smiley:

count me in please :hehe:

ps … Full fuel tanks prior arriving at the Ace please

Cornerman system in place

Understanding the system is important, as everyone needs to do their part to avoid anyone getting lost.

1. One rider, the leader will stay at the front and is responsible for navigating the route. Another rider, ‘tail end Charlie’, will stay at the back in last position. These are the only two riders who remain in their position in the group.

2. If a junction needs marking, the lead rider will indicate so by pointing to the position.They will try and select the safest position that gives best visibility. The leader may request a marker prior to a junction especially if the road splits or slip roads or exits are hidden ( this may involve using central islands or similar ) The marker will stop and wait until they see the tailgunner . It is therefore very important that whilst in 2nd position you concentrate when approaching junctions and anticipate the lead rider showing you where to mark. If the 3rd place rider is on the inside they should be aware that the marker will need to come across their path and should therefore give room for this to happen safely.

3. The marker then re-joins the group in front of ‘tail end Charlie’. This approach involves the entire group, and the marker gets rotated from front to back and gradually moves up to the front again. The method works provided everyone does their bit and doesn’t forget they are in the No.2 position, when it is their turn to mark. If for any reason you cannot pull out in front of tail gunner … Don’t worry Pull out when safe and tail gunner will allow you to overtake when you catch up

4. Nobody other than ‘tail end Charlie’ should be riding last for any reason. If you want to leave the group you should pull in to the left in a safe, visible position and wave other riders past. When ‘tail end Charlie’ arrives he/she will stop and you can then inform him/her that you are leaving the group.

5. A roundabout should be marked by parking in a safe visible position on the exit.

1. When going straight through at a junction/roundabout where you don’t have right of way, the lead rider may decide to mark it, if he/she wishes. The default action in such a case is to continue straight through, therefore, if there is no marker when you arrive at the junction you should proceed straight on. If you are to mark such a junction you should do so by stopping in a safe visible position on the far side of the crossroads.

7. When you are marking a junction, make sure you park in a position not to obstruct other road users. If necessary point in the direction that riders arriving at the junction should proceed.

8.There is no need to play catch up. With the drop off system there will be a marker waiting for you at the next junction.

9. When you are the marker, wait for ‘tail end Charlie’ to arrive, even if this takes a long time as there may be traffic problems further back. The tail end rider will slow down to allow you back into the group.

1. If lead rider doesn’t request you as the 2nd rider and you believe it may be beneficial to mark a junction, do it anyway. It is better to mark a junction that doesn’t need marking than not to mark one that does. The lead Rider may be over familiar with that road or be concentrating on a hazard before them to request a marker .

11. If Lead Rider has marked a junction Due to no close 2nd rider … If you are 2nd rider and as you approach lead rider rides off Take their place as Marker until you see the tail gunner