Sunday 10th July 125/L Plate Friendly/New to big Bike

did he say anything else, as in projected costs etc.?

tbh, when they walked across, I looked up and said “Must be them, he looks quite grumpy.” Turns out I was right :w00t: :blink:

He’s just going to get the whole door and bumper replaced, about £1000. My excess is less, so…that’s what an excess is for.

Personally, I would have rung around to see if it could be fixed by a panel beater, but I guess not everyone does that.

He seemed to want to have a chat with me on the phone; asked if I was part of the Christening Party that was going on there that day. He also has 7 pins his shoulder from where someone knocked him off a scooter.

I would contest that as the bumper does not need replacing as it was only marked by plastic/paint scuff … ask for two other quotes to be made as well …

the door itself could be bodyworked but as said the door is fair game as it was dented/scratched but bumper replacement is not needed…

Will do. I’ll probably get the papers soon, so I will contest it then through his company. Judging by the conversation we had he has no clue at all about what can and should be done, just left it all to insurance co. I’d rather deal with them than him as they are making all his decisions for him.

A bit of T-cut & he wouldn’t really notice it.

I know. I’m sure I fixed worse than that on my old Torana. Maybe I should offer to fix it for him :wink:

He did me a huge favour though. The insurance co said they could arrange a hire car for him for a month while it was getting fixed. He said it wasn’t necessary because it was able to be driven. How sweet of him. :Whistling:

I might get some advice from some colleagues as I work with a lot of people who do insurance.

Anyway

Sorry for delay in replying but what a week

As was on duty sunday night … Got home at 8…two calls first at 8.40 Home at 03.35…with about 25 mins break between the two

up for work at 7.00

Anyway back to the day

WOW Was a Day of W’s in a way

We paused for While in Wallingford

Rode Through Wantage

Wandered our way past the White Horse at Uffington

Destination was Wootton Bassett …

Where we dined and Had our fill at Sally’s Pussey

And what a feast it was …

We then departed from there and even time was ticking we took our selves past another White Horse The Hackpen and yes that Road is amazing shame about the horse trials but the field of poppies was a sight to take away any worries

Paused at Malborough to regroup ( poor 125’s must have been screaming after that hill )

We then headed towards Windsor where the day was rounded off with Ice Cream beside the Thames …

Amazed at the turn out to start with especially with our Suprise Guests ( ok i knew they were coming ) Jetstreams for taking a few impromptu leads whilst issues where dealt with .

Many thanks to Trisckie for her Sterling tailgunning duties

And thanks To all Cornermarkers who made the ride flow

To our New to rideouts riders especially FBB who even though she was worrying about being slow etc even though she was not and especially over that distance performed well but yes sadly a slight moments lapse in concentration left its mark but even though a bit shaken … got back on bike and rode well …

To Janey who broke her anti social tendencies and came out to play and then in conversation to find its a small world :stuck_out_tongue:

To Sal Who … Does she ever stop smiling under that helmet …

To tt600 rider ( sorry name is gone from mind ) who loaned a few bits to get FBB bike going and hope your pillion continued to enjoy her day out

To Lamso for giving me the oppurtunity to bollock someone !!!

For Gem for giving me the oppurtunity to ride the road past Uffington White Horse TWICE at AHHHH miles and hour , But in all seriousness if i didn’t have to i would have rather not left you alone in the middle of nowhere as such but glad you got back home safe …

If i have not named you specifically its not to say you didnt bring something to the ride because you did your company and that is always appreciated .

We took a collection at the end and it raised £18 in total so £9 to each Charity London Air Ambulance ( Trisckie has this ) and Service By Emergency Rider Volunteers …

Do Have some photos which will post asap…

think thats is …

I’m still trying to figure out how I missed the Uffington Horse :blink:
meh, another time :w00t:

looking forward to the pix :slight_smile:

Ooops! Sorry we missed the charity collection when we went off before the ice cream. Just stuck a fiver on the LB justgiving page for LAA to make up.

We really enjoyed the day x

The Uffington Horse is not easy to view from below it … you really need to be higher than it … It was basically just behind us when we pulled over and i headed back to Gem and Jets took you lot onto the pub

btw

http://www.wiltshirewhitehorses.org.uk/

OOoh, I have a week off in August. Might have to go find them all. And a few other bits and bobs around the place.

Darn, missed the whip 'round bit.

What a really good reason to make sure I’m on you next bimble :smiley:

ah, was worried already :wink:

ya, spent my monday evening on that website :slight_smile:
nice info there :slight_smile:

what I’m interested in is if the white horse in Uffington is generally related to the white horse love/etc. in Kent, which again comes from, ye guessed it, from my state (North Rhine Westphalia) and the state bordering north (Lower Saxony) to mine in Germany :w00t:

another similar thing to go see are The Fovant Badges

http://www.fovantbadges.com/

[quote]
TimR (12/07/2011)

another similar thing to go see are The Fovant Badges

http://www.fovantbadges.com/[/quote]

Oooooooooo - we’ve not seen those, but sure we will do soon :slight_smile:

Wow. That week in August is looking busy for me already.

Have you really been to Shaftsbury so many times, but somehow missed them on the way (or the way back).

Westbury is also good, but again is best enjoyed from above.

So when’s the ride? :w00t:

Perhaps we’ll slow down a bit round there and might see them next time;)

And for those wondering about the NBC Suit comment … it is because our route took us past

The Atomic Weapons Establishment which plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country’s nuclear deterrent. … so if your glowing in the dark now … thats the reason why :stuck_out_tongue: