Strangers comments about your bike

TBH no bloke has ever said ‘it’s me or the bike’ to me, which is a bonus :smiley:

But like Dawn (Tiggi) I sometimes feel it’s back to the 19th century when it comes to women and bikes;) On my track day last summer someone said ’ it’s very brave for a woman to come on a track day on her own,’ plus I’ve also had comments on how perfectly normal 675 Triumphs and 600 Hornets etc are ‘too big’ and ‘isn’t it too heavy to ride’ - when actually it is the engine that powers the bike and makes it move along not the rider’s gender :slight_smile:

Anyway back to the topic - I sometimes see really stunning bikes that I want - like the lovely VFR 800 outside work today and would happily comment on it to the owner if I knew who they were. Generally I am not a big fan of BMW’s, but really liked Claire’s Dakar - it had a lot of character. Plus - the Riot - another LBer’s baby that is completely unique :smiley:

yeh all the time

‘Hornets a girls bike’ - Response= ‘yeh maybe…but with me on it its faster than yours!’

‘why have you got a hornet, why not a sportsbike?’ Response= because i dont need one! plus it will go missing VERY quickly…cant be arsed’

When the little ones see the Decepticon logo… my cousins boy told his dad that Uncle Ratty’s bike is a Transformer…a baddie! but dont tell Ratty dad, he doesnt know …LOL:laugh:

all sorts…

one thing that is common, anyone that has owned a Hornet knows…they are very capable, and more fun than you think :wink:

My partner asked me ages ago “If you had to choose between me & a motorbike, which would it be?” I replied “the bike obviously”… then “ha, you know I’m only joking don’t you”. I think she’s always encouraged me to have a bike as she doesn’t want to test the water. Either that or she’s hoping I’ll kill myself on it so she can get her hands on my £££’s :wink:

Yeah - calling it a girl’s bike is total c0ck - the Hornet is very good at embaressing bigger, sportier bikes and their riders.

Often get blokes commenting on the bike, but nothing beats these two typical Essex girls that came over to me in some service station there asking to hop on and have their picture taken :stuck_out_tongue:

What make bike is that?

I get that a lot ^^

Mine usual are:

• ohhh that thing is pretty
  • that’s huge

R

Had a guy come up to me, as i was putting my helmet on and asked where i sat… i told him i sat on the seat(duh) he said “oh i thought you were waiting for your man & you were getting on the back”

Its not the most comfortable bike sitting on the seat but perched on the cans… idiot!:blink:

My favourt was why do you have a dirt bike with road tyres what’s the point.

Tom your lucky lol got chatting to some drunk birds up the hut who wanted to jump on my dt.

I was not so lucky

All people want me to do is rev or wheelie… Oh how it appeases the masses lol

Followed by is it a 650?

just don’t park up in a supermarket car park

:smiley:

Once I took my Bonnie Scrambler (early one silver motor and red/white tank - it did look good) up to Brooklands museum for a ride out accompanying me was my mate on his brand new Daytona 675…

Anyway in the car park a coach pulled up with about 30 Dutch middle aged blokes in it.

They were all over my Bonnie like a rash, asking questions, taking pictures etc…

My mate pipes up “Oi - mines a Triumph too yer know”

Dutchman says - “yes but that’s new! We don’t want to know about that!”

:slight_smile:

Tom, your birds look classier than DTR Ross’

BUT Ross, yours look more fun, especially the one at the back;)

:smiley:

One of the best comments I ever had was back in 1988, when I had a GPz600R, the metalic blue and white model. As I slowed and pulled around a corner in Harringay, a guy said in a Jamaican accent “Yeah, mon, Randy Mamolla must be soooooo jealous!”. I still smile when I think of that.

Another comment this morning, at a set of lights car behind me to the left started honking his horn. At first I thought it was a typical cager going to mention something about filtering so I turned around and got ready to argue but he then said ’ DO A WHEELIE!!’.

Unfortunately I didn’t, reason being I just got done for doing a wheelie :doze: So I’m trying very hard to keep the front wheel down!

Just gain 30kg… that should keep the wheel down a bit easier :stuck_out_tongue:

:w00t:

Funnily enough i’m trying to gain another 10kg of muscle mass! I’m a gym addict! gone from 62kg to 81kg in two years, my goal is to hit 91kg

I could probably help you with that… :wink:

Used to be a gym addict myself.

Went from 69 to 97. Then injury, muscles turned to fat…

Now trying to slim down… went down to 69, now am 80, try to get down to 72 and stabilise :slight_smile:

hahaha… accordion…