Strangers comments about your bike

Like Hels, one of the more usual comments I get is along the lines of, that’s a big bike for a woman. Oh ffs, it’s only a 675 and unless I drop it (which, umm, has been known… :blush: ) then my size : bike size really isn’t an issue.

The other common comment is, how fast have I been on it? The look of shock on most men’s faces when I reply is classic!

Generally, I got a lot of positive remarks and it’s nice to have a quick chat with total strangers that aren’t moaning or having a go for some reason. I can remember one occasion when had to quickly pop into my GP’s and ended up talking to two OAP’s about their old Triumphs and what they used to get up to. Two very interesting blokes.

Only comment I’ve had was sitting at a set of lights about 15 minutes after my down pipe had blown out and completely fallen off and I was on my way to get it fixed… “F*** me that sounds bad… Should go see a mechanic”… That’s about it… Only been driving bikes since beginning of January.

And you already managed to destroy a bike???

Btw… maybe it’s because you are driving the bike rather than riding it… hehehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Driving/Riding :Whistling: You know what I meant haha… The bike had a small blow at the top of the down pipe when I bought it and was an easy potential fix with a small weld. But after a few weeks of driving it (Previous owner had been driving it for ‘3 months’ like it) the whole pipe just gave way and fell off… Safe to say the bike then sounded like someone was blowing bubbles in a glass of water with a straw when idling.

What kinda bike you have?

Hope it’s fixed now…

Honda CBR125R - 2005 model… Bought for £640 paid £100 for a new downpipe and exhaust including fitting it… (Had a small dent in it so sold it to me cheaper… Not going to complain about a small dent!)

All fixed now also thought my reg/rec was going as it kept popping fuses but seems to have stopped now.

Monster - **** thats loud

1098 s - **** thats loud.

Well wear some platform boots and maybe you’ll be a bit nearer human size instead of hobbit and you’ll hear what people are saying :slight_smile: you’re welcome.

Don’t hate man, if you save really hard and get fucking lucky one day you might be able to buy something thats not a total heap of ****. Maybe you will have a job you like, a missis who doesn’t look like a bull dog sniffing glue and no longer shop for your groceries in the pret a manger bin. Until that point keep saying i’m compensating for whatever you like. Whilst really looking on in envy cos you live a dog **** life.:w00t:

Does someone waving a large, bright pink laydee toy out of the car window and grinning at me as they pulled alongside me earlier today class as a comment?!? Coz if it does, it’s got to be one of the weirder things I’ve had from a fellow road user.

Talk about c*cks in Audi’s :w00t:!!!

On that subject, next time you doing building works ask Francesco to bring his multistrada over and start the engine next the wall.
Jobs done :smiley:

“That sounds cock on” Biker at the lights

“Nice bike, I wish they’d let us have them” Policeman on BMW

“That’s faster than it looks” another biker

One of the ones I liked most wasn’t a comment but a gesture by a 14 ish year old kid crossing the road behind his parents, by Westminster Bridge/ Big Ben.

He made the devil sign with his fist at me sitting on a black bike, wearing all black with a black helmet and visor.

When I nodded and made the same sign back at him he nearly wet himself with excitement. :cool:

I must be showing my age here, but WTF is the devil sign with a fist??? :unsure:

Ducati Sport Classic - **** that’s loud

Protect your dogs. :stuck_out_tongue: