Strangers comments about your bike

When I told friends I was getting a bike to commute on they all said ’ you getting a Harley’
My reply ’ I’m mad not insane’
But they all liked the VFR

I get, you came on that thing, you’re braver than I thought.

Peds “nice bike you got there”, scooters “where’s the can?” and bikers"it looks too clean"

That’s the ONLY thing I personally don’t like about this bike… the stock exhaust!

Yeah I was looking at getting the pipes changed too, i want it to look like 4 separate long pipes! :slight_smile:

Where???

Surely though the fastest you ever ride is 77mph eh? ;):D:P:D

When I owned the Ducati I was out washing it one day. A lady walking down the street said “I don’t like you” - when asked why, she replied that her husband always made longing glances at my bike and was badgering her about getting his motorcycle licence…

I had a variation on this, my neighbour sees the bike and comes over to tell me that he has always wanted a bike blah, blah blah. After a few minutes his wife appears, grabs him by the ear and marches him away shouting “Don’t even think it!”

^^ Pussy-whipped husbands :hehe: They’ll never buy a bike. Maybe their wives will let them buy a Mazda MX5 or an Audi TT or some other mid-life crises toy :slight_smile:

The bike I had the most comments on was a Suzy Van Van courtesy bike when in the Tesco Finchley car-park. Conversation went something like:

Old guy: Lovely bike mate, that’s really beautiful.

Me: Er, thanks.

Old guy: I used to have one the same… 800cc isn’t it?

Me: Er, no, 125

Old guy: 125!!!?

Me: Yeah… see the ‘L’ plates

Old guy: Triumph isn’t it?

Me: Er, no, Suzuki

Old guy: Suzuki!!! It’s a scrambler isn’t it?

Me: Yeah, it’s a scrambler (and anything else you want it to be :wink: )

Old guy: You know you’d have more protection if you wore leather trousers?

Me: These are Kevlar lined bike jeans.

etc

etc

etc

Bye! :laugh:

Yesterday I had a scooter rider pull up at the lights and say “isn’t that bike too big for you?” I said “No” and that was the end of that conversation. I also recently had someone say “that isn’t a girl’s bike, girls ride lowered seat Ducatis”. Tbh my bike isn’t huge, it’s a 675 naked triumph street triple R and I think it is the perfect size and the perfect bike for a lady or man :slight_smile: I have had comments about my gorgeous arrow low boy also :smiley:

I think it happens a lot.

I sold a guitar to a chap the other week and when he came to pick it up he played through an amp that I have in the living room, as I do a lot of playing there.
He commented that his wife ‘wouldn’t let him have such a large amplifier’ in the living room.

At the time I didn’t say anything but I did think ‘you’re a grown man, who has to ‘let’ you do anything?’

I’ve only been biking since November but I’ve probably heard 10 blokes say they ‘aren’t allowed’ to have a bike or aren’t allowed to have a bike any more.

In the ten years I have had bikes no one has yet said I am not allowed one :smiley:

LOL.

I actually wonder if the ‘I’m not allowed to have a bike’ thing is actually an excuse.
Maybe it is just fear?

I don’t know anyone who ‘isn’t allowed to have a bicycle’ and they can be hazardous under certain circumstances.

Well pretty much every non-biker who asks about my bike asks me what size engine it’s got and when I tell them they say cor that’s a powerful bike. Ha ha…

Either they just don’t understand what constitutes a powerful engine or, more likely, they’re inadvertently casting aspersions on my suitability to ride such a ‘beast’ .lol.

All those pussy-whipped husbands have got it wrong! They need to find a biker chick! We have 4 bikes in our household, 1 belongs to Sean, the other 3 are mine :w00t:

Being a girly a lot of blokes ask how I manage to ride a big bike like that!! It’s only a GSXR 600, Errrr the same as everyone else lol get the usual thats a big bike for a girl comments!

Mrs Triang would has no interest in bikes at all (which suits me fine) but knows that if I were a pie chart…

a 20% slice would say “Motorcycles” :smiley:

My wife told me I wasn’t allowed to get a scooter just before I bought a scooter.

3 years later she said the same thing about getting a big bike, guess what happened next…

My bike doesn’t exactly inspire awe but my neighbour seems to be convinced it’s some kind of grand prix rocket ship. A young guy working at Hein Gericke once told me my handhuards looked sick, I believe that’s a compliment.

My partner bought my bike for me… :slight_smile:

You are one of the lucky ones!