Range Rover runs over multiple bikers!!!!!

I think like most posters, they have not put on what happened before and quite clearly something has.

The first thing that ran through my mind on this is he paniced and it was a fight or flight moment and well the video shows exactly what happened.

to be far, I’m not saying running over someone is fine but I’d probably have laid a massive brown one on my seat and hit the peddle as well.

Last few years Essex Air Ambulance ride I’m attending in the car (for example this year wheelchair did not fit on the bike). And there are various riders in the pack, stupid more or stupid less, quick, slow and mental. I give them lots of space (unlike most of drivers around) and no one ever gives me finger or any other sign or anything like that.
I believe Pinhead made attempt to use sarcasm to show that it was easily avoidable, however stupid riders were at time, it was easy to avoid, first of all there was no reason to be stuck in the middle lane (indicators are like magic, you put them on and there is a gap to go in).
And first thing first, when you hit someone you are stopping at the scene not running away to hurt/kill others because you are intimidated.
I’m not backing either side of that unfortunate conflict but statement that RR driver had only one choice and it is to run over people is like say " I feel intimidated by these 5 bikers filtering traffic, I will run them over" :smiley:

R

Dude, that is well out of context, there is a HUGE difference between 5 bikers who will probably be a lot easier to talk to and calm down and what seemed to be circa 50+ bikers all of which wanted to get involved.

I’ve been in a car with a huge pack of bikes passing, I made what I saw as the safest option and that was to hold my lane until they all passed! and in that video I’d have held my lane for the exact same reason probably the safest option.

Like I said unless they get the video showing what happened before no one is ever going to know 100% what actually happened and why that guy felt he needed to run

Fight or flight eh? Lets consider that, 30-40 bikers, fight em? Nah, pull over and let them get on with it, nah screw that. Whoops I’ve knock one of them off. Fight or flight, fight? nah there’s still 29 - 39 of them and now slightly irked. So flight, just run 3 or 4 more of them over, crush several of their bike and floor it, they’ll never catch me, I’ll loose them in central NY, jobs a good 'un. 25-35 seriously fecked off bikers baying for blood, my blood, fight? Nah! Now what was that first alternative again?

Based on what little I have seen the guy was a moron (I’ve already conceded that the bikers are twats), I have no idea what started this chain of events but I’m fairly sure I wouldn’t have made the choices he did. And as for protecting his family, well I think he’s done entirely the opposite and place them in the way of greater harm. Of course this is just my opinion, if I do find out what actually served to start this whole sorry mess I reserve my right to alter my opinion accordingly!

Ian

+1 Sleeper

It’s always easy to judge and say what you should / shouldnt do when you havent been in the situtaion shown.

Its called being an Armchair General in some circles,

Shame the driver didn’t have a dash cam. This, “friendly group of bikers” remark is getting old. They were aggressive and they were numerous.

Damm you Baz and your sensible head! :smiley:

I’m to bored to quote, cut and paste so quick reply.

I may find intimidated by 2, 5, 50, 200 and start shooting them or running them over. What is the limit, so as you said I can’t feel intimidated by 5, so maybe 11? What number excuse me to running them over?

R

What was that about presumption earlier Baz? I’d suggest that in some circle it’s being armed with forethought!

Sorry I didn’t answer your earlier enquiry, I wasn’t suggesting that you agreed with harming others, unfortunately some on here do appear to condone it in this case. I find that particularly worrying as no-one here knows the facts and probably never will!

Did you read any of the vitriol within the comments of any of the video/reports, truly shocking and really worrying?

Ian

So how many did you run over
And why was it not on utube
Pin. :smooooth:

As I said, not quite the same type of scenario and I have been in a car when we’ve deliberately ran someone over and also seen it done on another occasion - no regrets.
I have been involved in much much more where life is at threat and it’s always easy for many to pick over the actions replayed on video afterwards.

Aha but all the forethought in the world wont prepare you for that “oh ****” moment when it’s all coming on top.

Yep, no matter what your views on this, the glee that some others have in seeing someone hurt causes me great concern.

quote] Ian Daly (01/10/2013)

What was that about presumption earlier Baz? I’d suggest that in some circle it’s being armed with forethought!

Sorry I didn’t answer your earlier enquiry, I wasn’t suggesting that you agreed with harming others, unfortunately some on here do appear to condone it in this case. I find that particularly worrying as no-one here knows the facts and probably never will!

Did you read any of the vitriol within the comments of any of the video/reports, truly shocking and really worrying?

Ian
[/quote]

Looks like they had been riding round all day. You have to wonder why they picked on this particular car. One of the numerous comments on another website suggests the bikers had just witnessed a hit and run involving the car before the vid started and they were collectively showing community spirit by trying to get him to stop. Bad idea, clearly. Whatever the facts of this incident the one thing to take out of it is not to follow the crowd because they are usually barking up the wrong tree.

still never understood the need for 4x4s on roads. should be banned unless the owner needs to use it off road!

2 reasons

1. because they can
  2. because smallcock looks better in 4x4

R

“I’m going to protect my family and run these bikers over. Sure it might enrage them and they might seek revenge, but it’s not like they’ll ever catch up to me on their litre sports bikes.”

(pl ignore)

To late
Pin