Range Rover runs over multiple bikers!!!!!

Huh? So the same should be said about bikes like the EXC, WR etc…? Technically offroad bikes but used on the roads. And why not go for the litre sportsbikes… I mean, you don’t really need to do 200mph, do you?

Well the RR just demonstrated why they are useful. Do you think a non 4X4 would have been able to climb all over those bikes like that??? RR sales are gonna go through the roof!

And yes Blade - I already have two 4X4s. Both my wife and I have very small cocks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, your both cars have four wheel drive, unfortunately non of them is 4x4 all terrain car as it is Range Rover. So I have to disappoint you but you are not allowed in described by me group :stuck_out_tongue:

R

Link

Deleted videos.

R

Dammit. I’m gonna buy a Range Rover then - they are way cheap in the USofA.

http://motoinked.com/2013/10/01/media-shark-frenzy-after-skirmish-between-alexian-lien-and-group-of-riders-in-nyc/Interesting artical on the incident on NYC, good to hear a more objective view.I find the fact that non of the media mention the poor biker in a coma but keep banging on about a driver with bruises and cuts is shocking.

How they justify the drivers reaction to protection of his family when A - there is no way they knew he had family in the car and B - even after the incident the family wife/child where left unhurt just sums up the crap you read in the main street media!

I hope the biker recovers.

Bikers arrested. rest of them claim to not have seen anything
http://nypost.com/2013/10/01/cops-bust-bike-thug/

Firstly that article was inaccurate and jumping to conclusions also.

Secondly, regardless of whether they knew there was a kid in the car the bikers had no right to start beating on the car. Remember, the accident happened because the biker brake checked the car - the car currently being surrounded by countless bikes - so maybe the driver wasn’t paying full attention to the idiot that was brake checking (by the way - that biker has already been charged - good call, IMHO).

Thirdly, do you really think the wife and kid were unhurt. Seeing their husband/father dragged out of the car and beaten in the street? Come on - that is gonna have impacts.

I join you in hoping the biker recovers well. The coma is medically induced, and hopefully the paralysis isn’t permanent. What happened to him was horrible, there is no doubt, but sometimes people need to think about their own actions and their own behaviour and think what danger they are placing themselves in. Jay Mezee chose to get himself in a mob surrounding and beating on a car - allegedly to help a mate. Well sorry, but that was playing with fire.

I am NOT saying the driver was right to do what he did, but if he really believed he was in mortal danger (and I can believe he did) then under US/NY law he was entitled to do what he did. That is most likely why the NYPD have already said he won’t be facing charges (although I suspect there will be a civil suit).

By the way, when I saw the footage of the car surrounded by a mob, I immediately thought back to the murder of two soldiers in 1988 in Belfast. The soldiers found themselves in the middle of an IRA funeral. They were blocked in by black taxis (known as IRA staff cars), and surrounded by a mob. The soldiers were armed, and fired a warning shot, but were overwhelmed by the mob, dragged out of their cars and beaten very badly. They were then driven off in a black cab and executed. So, the soldiers might have driven off and run over some of the mob or used their weapons to shoot the some people in the mob, but they weren’t to know how bad things were going to get - and chose to not fight to avoid being taken by the mob.

My point in all this is that the RR didn’t know what the bikers were going to do… and it is impossible for us to know how we would react in that situation. For me, in that situation, I think I would have hit the gas.

Biker present at the scene is interviewed and says that the RR chopped lanes aggressively and cut some of the bikers up which provoked the reaction from the biker who did the hard stop in front of the RR.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-footage-that-the-nyc-bikers-didnt-want-you-to-see-1435594427

Sorry I haven’t read ALL previous posts, so if I’m late to the party and repeating old lines, my mistake. But it seems there is a huge GAP between what people see as their rights and what their responsibilities are…

If you ride like no one else matters, then they will think you don’t matter… if you want to be shown respect YOU MUST SHOW RESPECT…

They say that like it’s news. Have they ever ridden in the vicinity of a Range Rover?

OK … here’s the question… WHO KNOWS WHAT THE REAL RULES ARE…?

Come ON, you all seem to know the score… what is the definitive answer?

You talk like there is just ONE way of fixing this… so fix it!!!

Or not…

This thing is like a re-run of the brilliant Tom Wolfe book ‘Bonfire of the Vanities’ in which different worlds and classes literally collide after a road accident in NYC. If you haven’t read it - READ IT.

The bikers were acting like they owned the road and knew that they looked intimidating and were getting off on it.

The RR guy acted like a typical highly paid exec - insulated from reality by a large salary and wanting to insulate himself further by driving the car equivalent of a tank.

Suddenly he finds himself surrounded by and then in an altercation with the other reality - a lot of (probably) less well educated, less well off people who he would normally never meet or wish to meet and he panics.

Chaos ensues.

Hmmmm I enjoyed the comparison, BUT it doesn’t really hold water. For a start, in the US the RR is a comparatively small SUV - it will fit in the back of some of the larger trucks. Secondly the RR is not particularly expensive over there - they start at $60k a bit less than £40k. So, a highly paid execudick would probably be driving something else.

You don’t need god or the system to tell you the difference between right and wrong. You already know what that is.

I just wish people would remember from time to time. A little bit more humanity wouldn’t go amiss I reckon. Try and shake off this dellusion of status.

I am after all, no more or less equal than the man next to me.

[quote]
SimoninEssex (03/10/2013)

40k in the US is not expensive!? :blink: - 47 million Americans, one-sixth of the country, now receive food stamps because they don’t have enough money to eat let alone afford a Range Rover since the bankers crashed the economy.

With respect - you sound like one of the people in Bonfire of the Vanities who are insulated from reality. :wink:

The archetypal forum response… every thread is a new thread in its own right…
Wheeeeeeeeee…

Conclusion… say anything you like cos and and all responses will be more about the author than about the thread…

IMO and IMHO are ALL THIS FORUM IS ABOUT ANYMORE! :slight_smile:

[quote]
NinjaJunkie (03/10/2013)

So… what’s your point?

The USA has around 5.2 million “millionaire households” (about 10 times more than the UK). So, there is horrible poverty in the States for sure, but there is also a lot of wealthy people and then a LOAD of middle income earners, many of whom would happily lease a $60k car…