Members First Bikes

this is not a pic of mine but what it was. i was 6 and i got given one of these. It had welded up pedals and i had to run along side it…jump on…yank the compression lever thingy and away we went. Only problem was i weighed about 4 stone so if it was wet i couldn’t get it going as didn’t have the weight to get traction…lol

Attachments

Me and one of my mates had a CG125Rs that we brought for £150 and done us proud till some idiot cager thought it was time for it to be banished from the road - with me on it!!

So i brought my first brand spanker -

After I got rid of my trusty (and lovely) Gilera…got me a Yammie! Loved it to bits until it got lifted off my driveway…swine!

Attachments

19-01-06_1206.jpg

19-01-06_1207.jpg

My first bike was one of these - well, not so much bike, more bicycle with engine - would do 70 down a very steep hill.

Went bang in a big way, put it in my dad’s Ford Zephyr’s boot and dragged it home from a south coast holiday camp!

Don’t have any actual pics of mine (it was 1977 and Mr da Vinci was busy) but it was one of these - though these are American obviously and mine had flatter Europe-version bars. The older blue model at the front, not the later one at the back. Same colour too. Absolute dog.

It’s a Honda CB175T, by the way, twin-carb version of the CD175 single-carb commuter which had a chrome-sided coffin for a tank and a front mudguard like a small dustbin…

Cor! That brings back memories

My mate had one of them - a red one

It was one of my first experiences of stripdowns.

He spent a fortune with Jock Kerr, had it bored out to 240cc, race cams, 2 into 1 zorst …all sorts.

Biggest pile of dogsh!t on the road…lol Sounded great but got smoked by fizzies…lol

This was mine, a 1991 ‘H’ plate Suzuki GSX600F Teapot, I bought it from a Triumph dealer a few months after passing my test, it had been a trade in, 8000 miles and in near mint condition, great first bike although the power did rather outweigh it’s braking ability as I found out on one rather embarrassing occasion!

I only actually sold it as the Gixxer I now have came up for sale and it was too good a bike/bargain to turn down.

Attachments

MyGSX600F01.jpg

1. I was 15 years old and the proud owner of a Honda MT50, which I chased the dogs around the fields on til I hit 16 the following year and passed my CBT.

Suzuki GS125S, great bike, took it from Glasgow to Dumfries one Friday in the pissing rain the day after I passed my test… Still have the thing in my folks garage!

My first proper bike that I bought after finally passing my test in november 2001.

Attachments

zx6r.jpg

zx6r 1.jpg

…given a chance to chose a commuter bike…will exchange any honda …suzuki…kawasaki…etc for this one…

Attachments

pulsar1.JPG

pulsar2.JPG

my first bike was a nsr 125 in repsol colours.

it was very unreliable. spent everyday in the bike garage being fixed.

good looking bike though

my first geared bike was a full power Aprilia rs125 harada playstation rep like this

blew the thing up twice cost alot of money to keep on the road

Attachments

bikepics-581931-200[1].jpg

bikepics-32764-200[1].jpg

bikepics-483381-200[1].jpg

This was my 1st bike - N Reg CG125

Blew the gearbox after 2 weeks of caning it up and down the A2 everyday, managed to get 72Mph from it tho (hence the gearbox going) - Was very reliable, I rode it for just over a year almost everyday but only discovered the backfires it could do about 2 weeks before it went The ‘Golden Boy’ tyres were great… Being 6’2 tho I did look stupid on it

well mine was a CB175, much like this one (without the ghey backrest!) great bike! lived life on,in and through the red line for 18 months with me and then went on to give sterling service with a friends family for several generations UBL60M where are you now?

Attachments

cb175_1973.jpg

Yamaha XT250 in 1981

Attachments

XT250.jpg

Yamaha Aerox 100

3 years ago

Well yeah - am sitting on my very un-sensible first bike in this pic!!

Grabbing the bull by the horns eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDjcM7J_f6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHRX7L84DaY

my first scooter from end of last year speedfight 2 rally victories customised by me of corse