Free Donington World Superbikes tickets from LB & AXO

Fair point :smiley:

I’m not against roughing it - but I don’t have a car or tent - and having never met anyone who is going - I’d understand if nobody wanted to snuggle up close with a stranger under canvas :stuck_out_tongue: so thought I’d put the hotel idea out there

Hi. Can somebody clear something up for me. I won a ticket and got an envelope in the post today. It had 2 stickers in for the pitlane walks and a credit card sized paddock pass. I emailed Donnington to see if that gets me into the track as well, but they emailed back saying:
You do need a general admission ticket to gain entry to the Park. Please
be careful about other ticket touts as they may sell you dodgy tickets.

Once you have this general admission ticket you can then go through
paddocks & pits.

Kind Regards,**

? hmmm. Confused. Do i have to buy a £45 ticket to get in now?

I was under the impression that the paddock passes gave you access for the whole weekend??

I asked Vicky @ Axo if still needed to buy a ticket at the gate, the reply was a bit vague:

Hi Mark,

The ticket you won is a Paddock pass with complimentary Pit Walk passes on saturday and sunday open at certain times of the day. This ticket allows you entry into the Paddocks and all public areas and is valid from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 June.

Congratulations!

By the sounds of it now, you do need to buy a ticket but Garret said on another post that you dont - Im confused.com :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, that’s what I thought. Just expected to get some paper admittance tickets in the envelope, with paddock and pit stickers. I have just found someone on ebay selling some, that doesn’t show any paper tickets, just the same as what I got and they say they’re for general admittance as well. I wonder if there are special paddock passes for competitions and things that are all in one tickets/passes. I say this because the one you can buy on the site for £20 are only for sat & sun, the ones we got are for Friday as well. Also it says ‘Supplementary pass’ & ‘Axo Sport’ on the back.

Sorry for any confusion, but I have just spoken to Vicky at AXO who has confirmed that the tickets are valid for entry on all three days . This includes the Pit Walks and Paddock Passes (which you do not have to take advantage of if you don’t want to).

The reason the tickets may look different to regular tickets (and have ‘AXO’ on the back) is they are direct from AXO who is a World Superbikes (SBK) co-sponsor as opposed to tickets you might buy from MSVR/ Donington etc (just the venue).

I want people to have a good time at Doni and take lots of pictures for the site :wink: , so please contact me (preferably via email - as a winner, you should have my address already) if you have any problems.

Vicky has been very helpful with all this, so if you see her this weekend, please say hello and thanks from Londonbikers :slight_smile:

I’m heading to Borough Market in a while, so if you’re there and have any questions about the tickets, please ask.

thats brill. Thanks for clearing things up and thanks for the ticket!

Nice one cheers Garret - thanks again :slight_smile:

I won’t be needing my pit lane walkabout stickers so if anyone would like them they can arange to collect them from me at Donny on Sunday morning:cool:

Didn’t realise you were gonna be there Sunday mate, cool, give us a bell Sunday am! :smiley:

Errmmm, the whole point of me posting what I did was to clear this up as my initial thoughts were the same, guess I didn’t make it as clear as I thought I did?!? :blink:

Will do Timbo, just don’t mention the T word, aint told her yet;):smiley:

My lips are sealed mate! :wink: :smiley:

yeah, sorry, it did. Until i got my ticket in the post and i thought i just had a paddock pass and no tickets. Seems these are special sponser passes that give you admission as well, unlike the normal paddock passes you buy that i’ve had before. Just wanted to check before i got there! All sorted now. Looking forward to it.

Now winners, don’t forget to do your bit for LB and spread the word :slight_smile:

Does that include getting drunk Sat night and taking Nori’s Xerox Ducati for a quick blast around the Donnie circuit?!? :wink: :smiley:

[quote]
ChunkyMonkey (25/06/2009)

[quote]
PompeyTim (25/06/2009)

Hi Chunky
Matt would like them please, if you still have them - he’ll meet you on Sunday morning at Donnington.
I’ll PM you- he’s too busy stuffing his face to type!
Anita

[quote]
Nonsense (25/06/2009)

[quote]
ChunkyMonkey (25/06/2009)

Replied:)

wot time are you guys going up saturday?? me and tiggi gonna get up there nice and early and set up camp :smiley: