You will not believe the audacity!

them little blinkers will nick any think even if you are on it i remember riding though peakham 1’s and some lads trying to hijack my bike… it didn’t work holding on to the rear grab rail!!! they just go dragged up peakham high street.:smiley:

A lucky escape. Seems like the sort of place to go in pairs (of course you shouldn’t have to)

I wouldn’t have shouted. I’d have sneaked up and lamped em

but then i would have risked:

• taking too long to get there while they broke the lock and rode off

• personal physical confrontation (3 vs 1, despite my superhero status might be pushing it, although i might have delighted in lamping them with my lid)

plus I think my mad woman approach was partly what scared them off and although they did damage the bike a little, it took me home just fine (and brought me back into work again today).

If you head from the Old Street Roundabout up towards Islington, about third street on the right is a Sheprdess Walk, MASSIVE cop shop there… and probably completely aware of who the local turds are… might want to pop in there with any evidence of CCTV footage and so on… never know… might get somewhere?

Yes I have…but as I said, steering locks are easy to dis-engage for these people so if and when the bike was found, chances are it wouldn’t be on anyway. A steering lock is not even classed as a deterrent these days I’m afraid.

Agreed! But it doesn’t take much for the scrotes to still take it.

Lets not forget, Gabby had the steering lock on and they still nicked the bike…and these were merely young scrotes…imagine what the pros can do.

I saw this and thought of you gabs…

Attachments

1875.gif

well done girl!!

glad they didnt get away with it! area is notorious for bike/scoot thieves!

you have to be very very carefull confronting youngsters these days, many will and often do pull knives and other weapons…and they will use them.

Phew, glad you got it back, bet that was a hair raising moment.

Lesson is to always keep an eye on your baby whilst you’re in the shop!!!

Wow, that sucks! Glad to hear you’ve still got the bike though! But is this really what I’m going to have to contend with as a biker in London??

I carry an Oxford Boss alarm disc lock under my rear-seat, but would never consider putting it on the bike when I’m paying for petrol. Purely because of the hassle/time factor involved and potentially holding up other petrol station users. I already feel under pressure as it is at petrol stations when Im faffing around with my data tool and putting my helmet and gloves back on.

Does anyone use those locks that clamp to your handle bars/front brake lever to stop the bike being wheeled away…are they any good? They seem like they would be a decent solution in this type of scenario as I imagine they can be quickly applied/removed and popped into a jacket pocket, unlike bulkier locks that need to be stowed under seats or in bags etc.

Maybe we all just have to fill up at garages where you can pay at the pump like at Tesco…even though their petrol is meant to be cheap crap.

This country is so behind as far as pay at pump goes. Sad.

I’ve filled up at that Shell a few times. Never again.

I’m glad you recovered the bike PPG. Broken Britain … sigh…

Glad you didn’t become a statistic and got your bike back. Being cowardly little shits, perhaps a couple of well landed right hooks would have put them off thieving bikes.

Not sure what the little stand point would be.

there was an independant test (although on a car) which compared super unleaded from tesco, bp and shell. Tesco’s 99 stuff came out on top. So maybe not so crap???

Oh well, thats good news for me then seeing as I do actually fill up on Tesco stuff!! I was just repeating what my flat mate’s mechanic told him after he had a blown exhaust sensor on his car…the mechanic blamed it on cheap tesco fuel saying it burned way too hot or something…hmmmmmm, mechanics tell you anything for a few quid!

lol. im not saying it is or it isn’t. that was only one independant review I’ve read up on. Maybe the mechanic was referring to the regular unleaded?
I use tesco’s stuff as well, and touch wood nothing has happened to either my car or bike from it!

Ask the shell guys to give you a copy of the cctv they surely would have it, just remember the time slot/date. Bring them fewkers to justice, then bring them to me :wink:

Sorry for what you had to go through though…well played in the end. I would’ve still nailed one or two of them I don’t care about getting hit as I would’ve had my full gear on lol. Knee them with my knee sliders! :smiley:

It’s a shame but it is not all that easy to get hold of CCTV - even if someone is injured, there are rules to who can access it - which seem to vary from firm to firm. Also they do not always keep film for very long - sometimes only 24 hrs, which has passed.

love it dude :wink:

Jeez…you’re brave for chasing a bunch of them down an alley…

Were you wearing the gladiator gear…:wink: