X11 rebuild

Shock resprayed and reassembled

Looking good, end of March you said, 10 days to rixxys ride, will the green tank be ready?

7 Days from headlamp to shock absorber :ermm:

Inconsiderate people wanting their bikes fixed, interrupting Scorch’s rebuild… :w00t:

Well Ive changed my mind a few times, I’m now going with a Jaguar BRG, but having sneaked a look in the tine prior to a test coat, I think it’s going to be too dark. Tim is right, I just try and sneak bits of my own bike in with other jobs, it’s slow progress but I’m getting there. The last (?) really major job is to shot blast the engine and casings, which I’ll have to do downstairs as the mighty 1100 would take a small crane to get it up the stairs. With a bit of luck I’ll be plastic sheeting one end of the workshop and wheeling it in for it’s makeover later today or tomorrow. That said I have a LOT of bikes in the queue…need to find time to finish the Jets BB2.95, deal with Frankenstan’s issues, strip/rebuild/respray a nc29 , respray BigD’s stunter, finish Coop’s sprayjob, rebuild Paul Newton’s forks, rebuild Joey’s R1 race engine, start a complicated graphics spray job on Jay’s stunter, finish Wheelie Joe’s rims, set up Paul Allens ZX9 and respray his damaged fairings, sort out some running issues on a scoot we intend to sell, rewind a Fireblade stator for Avsco, touch up Rusty’s s1000, as well as keeping up with work that turns up daily at my door. :crazy:

All I hear are excuses…work faster! :smiley:

jesus… nice to see you’re keeping busy mate! :smiley:

I guess my bleeding brakes can wait then

got off LB and get on with it then!

We’ll fit you in somehow mate :wink:

Looking good!

Engine shotblasted. 12 hours labour.

Do you have to strip the engine after doing that shotblasting? Just over a week mate to get her back on the road

Hope not, I hammered rags tight into the relevant apertures, then taped over that with high temperature tape.

Sneak preview…not long now :slight_smile:

Looking good, weather picking up…

Very nice :slight_smile:

Wow Tim, that’s come along way from the box of bits you had not so long ago :w00t: guess it may of been built if someone didn’t nick 1/2 a day of your time recently with a little ‘big’ job :smiley:

You and the rest of the world mate :wink: Got the loom back in today, finished polishing the cans, reassembled the calipers. Might be close to finished by tomorrow night :slight_smile:

And a very clean loom it is! The birds nest that was the front end of the loom did have me a little stressed.