X11 rebuild

Today the shock was dismantled. (Don’t try it at home) Spring going to be powder coated this week, the rest polished

ps, Mods: If you do anything with the new site, for the love of god make it easier to upload multiple pictures!

out of interest, how much is that powdercoating costing you?

Knowing Tim he has a bucket , a vacuum cleaner with polarity reversed and an oven … oh and a big bag of plastic powder :smiley:

You’ve been round his place before then :hehe:

Is there much to shot blasting or just common sense, i.e. keep it moving and don’t sit it in the one spot for too long; don’t shot blast those highly precise machined parts?

i cant wait to see it complete, looks like Landrover Coniston Green :slight_smile:

It’s not rocket science, although a little artistic flair helps.

Hard to say mate. I’m bunging quite a lot their way at the moment and this will be thrown in with the next batch. It’s not dear though.

I’m planning on welding up an oven for powder coating. Really only needs to be a steel box in a steel box about the size of a bike frame, insulated between, shielded heater bar in the base connected to a thermostat. I reckon I could use the parts from a standard household oven.

One day we expect to see the rival to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang being assembled in that workshop :slight_smile:

It’s the British Army. We have the Royal Air Force, the Royal Navy, and the Royal Marine Commando’s, but the army is not royal, just British.

oh. pardon my ignorance sir :smiley:

That, you have!

Frame, clip-ons and pillion bar ready. Gunmetal grey :slight_smile:

You building a battle ship ?

Nothing wrong with that! :ermm:
I’ll be putting up a praise post shortly for all your efforts Tim :smiley: And colour is looking nice, I’m really looking forward to the end result, in the meantime, if you need any holes adding to your fairing, just let me know :wink:

Headlight finished:)

Looks like you got a bit of overspray on yer floor mate.:wink: