What annoys you on your daily ride/commute?

One recent trend is for other bikers riding past you so close that you could hit their killswitch (there’s an idea). A bloke on a Repsol Fireblade undertook me whilst I was filtering on the M4 heading into town - mirrors folded in so not the sign of a responsible rider. This morning there was another one in Chelsea on a yellow Mk 1 Kawasaki ER-6 - although neither of us were filtering and had both the lanes past the Shell to use - no need to be that close! You expect it of scooter boi and learners but not of people on proper bikes.

really? REALLY? that annoys you? sheesh. who cares?

got to say, some of you guys are wound up pretty tight if these little things get on your tits so much you have to post em here! chill! seriously!

Had it recently where the car in front decided to clean the windscreen at 60mph…and me behind, spray straight over the car and on my visor…F*ckwit

I also agree there should be more than the CBT but that in itself was better than the previous system, 16=50cc, 17=125cc end of, no tuition whatsoever.

Absolute dickdogs that pull out…

scooters. i always end up stuck behind them for ages and police i know if i see them then im getting pulled and 20 mins will be added to my journey

I hate when they do that, undertaking or overtaking so close to another biker is just stupid. You’d think being on a bike themselves they’d realize that at any moment the bike they’re trying to overtake might veer off to the left or right (in its own lane) without warning to avoid a pothole, or oil spillage, or manhole cover, or whatever. That being said, since you were filtering, folded mirrors isn’t really a big deal - lots of people do that (in some cases me included) especially for really tight spots, then fold them out again when possible.

too many to list plus over the years of riding in London all i want is to safely finish my work and achieve my end result, i’ve seen quite a few bizarre highway code breaking rules that i’m sure without psychological intervention i will never ride the way i used to ride before, in fact looking back i’m surprised i managed to get away with few things.

one thing to mention though, i have wondered whether riding like a lunatic keeps other motorists away and when other motorists realise that you’re sensible creates certain dominance from them over you. it’s scary to think but sometimes rules when “walking down the street” seem to apply in motorists i.e look at me i have more attitude then you and i am not moving over…you on the other hand are so scared of causing conflict that you move over…unfortunately those things don’t end so peacefully when out driving/riding/cycling.

people tend to forget that few minutes of lateness will not cost them life. who needs time anyway? but then also who needs civilization too? we have to question sometimes our fundamental ways of living.

majority of people have been brought up to believe that to have a job is a respectable thing to have…one friend of mine once told me he admired homeless people for not getting into this vicious circle, i agree yet i disagree with him, homeless people still depend on the system the only way to be free and the way we have surprisingly enough not been taught at school is to know how to survive in the wild. :slight_smile:

btw, excuse my random talk, i won’t be commenting on this particular thread any further