What annoys you on your daily ride/commute?

The only thing that really annoys me is cars who sit in lane 2 of the motorway.
Everybody else thens flocks into lane 3 and the whole system of “moving back to the left” goes out the window…
I occasionally undertake in L1 &/or will gesticulate to cet numpties to move the fek over!

I still can’t remember the difference but I’m not too botehred. More importantly I know when and where to stop.

It’s what I said to my instructor back when I passed my CBT. I couldn’t believe that I (or anyone else) was allowed to ride on roads without even having been tested in some way. He said - most of the instructors would totally agree with you, that it’s insanity to let people ride without even teaching them the basic rules of the traffic and road but obviously government thinks otherwise.

Similar to that, but more specifically, when let’s say there’s a two lane dual carriageway/motorway, and an extra lane is being introduced on the left making it a three lane motorway/dual carriageway (not just a temporary slip road). The joining cars always immediately moving to the middle lane no matter what, even if the whole motorway is empty without a single car/bike in sight in any direction. For the love of GOD, WHY?!

For me it has to be cyclists who never do ‘lifesavers’ some even wearing earphones too. Wtf!! Many a time I have been filtering down the outside only for a cyclist to appear having moved from the nearside to the offside through a gap in the traffic and never having a quick look to see whether someone else - even another cyclist - is filtering and coming up behind them. See it every day. Oh and drivers who have not turned their lights on. Guaranteed to see at least one every evening. They obviously never look at their instrument panel to notice…

1. buses pulling out on you without indicating

2. mini cabs who are meant to be so called professional drivers

3. OAP driving at 2 mph
    3.cars who pull out from a side road and dont accelerate off
    4.bmw drivers who never bought the full package with working indicators

4. white van mans
    6.pizza delivery riders

erm cant think of anything else

Men in 4 wheeled vehicles who feel duty bound to try and race me when they see I am a woman on a bike. I had one today trying to ram his van up my backside as he was attempting to do formula one on the high street. They seem unaware that most bikes will filter by them at the next queue. I also have a problem with bikers who think they are brilliant riders because they can do 50 in a 30 in a straight line in town … That is all :smiley:

Cars that use their horns for no reason…Light changes to green - horn. See a passenger you want to give a lift to, horn. Any sort of junction, horn. You think there is a 1% chance a car just might be about to change lane, horn.

I actually had my first ‘passenger rage’ the other day when I wound down my window and gave a guy a proper mouthful after he’d been sat behind us for 5 minutes in a traffic jam and must have used his horn 20 times…

Apart from that, I am calmness personified. :smiley:

Shitty weather.

Everything annoys me…

I think just about everything that annoys me comes down to the same thing - people who think they own the road and don’t consider anyone else when driving.

• Need to turn left but there’s a queue in the filter lane, just go right to the front in the wrong lane then force their way in

• Need to pull out into traffic from a side street, just pull out into 2 lanes of traffic and make everyone stop for them

• Scooter boi doesn’t like being behind other bikers, squeeze through and wedge yourself in the asl

basically, I don’t like arseholes on the road

Agree.

I think I have to extend this to include people who act as though some major transgression has been made when in reality it is a simple mistake.
What I care most about is stuff that puts me personally in danger, rather than a minor act of carelessness that is a slight inconvenience (like a van blocking a mini roundabout so you can’t continue straight on).

Don’t get me wrong- I’ve done my fair share of fist shaking in the past but it is almost completely pointless and probably counter-productive.
The recent cyclist vs Audi video illustrates that I reckon.

Hmmm. Most points covered very nicely here. Main one for me is red light jumpers, in what ever form of transport they use.

Well put mate, however most of the number plated vehicles are usually caught by cameras while cyclists are more prone to light jumping…

That’s my personal experience anyway.

I get irritated as well by men holding STOP signs in the middle of the lane. I understand that you need the big truck to make maneuvers but stand in the middle of the road not the middle of the lane. Cause when I overtake the bus I cannot see you!!!

Scooter riders who are under the illusion that I’m trying to shake them off even though I’m only in 2nd gear :stuck_out_tongue:

But more seriously, riders who do silly speeds along the bus lane, hugging the traffic to their right which is stationary.
And peds who step out from stationary traffic into a bus lane without looking first (see above point).
Parents who think using their child in a pram is a good way of forcing traffic to give way to them, because they’re too lazy to walk 20 metres to the crossing.

[quote]
chris2332 (30/01/2014)

I think I see at least one car/truck/bus/motorbike jump a red light every day, there’s only one traffic light camera on that route so they pretty much all get away with it.
More cyclists obviously but it seems to have reduced recently round here, presumably the crack down before xmas had some effect. It’s usually the same 2 jumping every light on my way in, I overtake them in between then at the next red light they sail past me and plough on through so I spend the entire journey yoyoing past them.

People who filter agonizing slowly along long unpassable stretches that refuse to let me past on my wee 125 ^^

Cyclists that enter the ASL box from the right. They’re not allowed to do that, but I see little evidence of them being prosecuted or even warned about it…

What if I do 60 in a 30. Does that make me super-duper brilliant? :slight_smile:

People who sit at 40mph holding everyone up through the twisty national speed limit because they have the car handling skills of a drunk kitten, but then sit on your arse through the nice straight 30mph village roads wanting to do 50mph.

Also, I’m inexplicably far more annoyed by people who do pointless last minute indicating than people who don’t bother at all. Go figure.

Drivers who clearly can’t remember the way to the shops even though they only live two minutes round the corner…you know the ones who slow down a bit before suddenly veering into a parking space or taking a left…always without any attempt to check behind or indicate. These people really do believe the world revolves around them…

Yeah, and inappropriate use of the horn is a good one too. Haven’t noticed it so much on the open road but there used to be a guy on our street who would announce his arrival home by tooting his horn so all his adoring fans could rush out and greet him. ffs get your fat arse out of the car and knock on the door like everyone else you retard…anyway we moved house so that at least is a distant memory :slight_smile: