West London Yamaha

With 5000 guests currently reading this topic, one would think that maybe one of the employees of West London Yamaha who are members on this forum would respond to try and reduce damage to the business because this thread is getting longer.

oops Sorry, I see Sean had responded

Another update…Just called WLY to get a firm date as to when my bike “might” be ready, as 52 work hours is obviously not enought to bolt some components together!!! They have guesstimated(Johns phrase not mine)that it will take yet another 52 working hours to “possibly” get the bike ready for the end of next week! to say i’m angry is an understatement :unsure: They really need to stop telling me it’s a “really comprehensive job”, I’m fully aware of how comprehensive it as i’ve built an engine or two in my time!!! I know it does not take nearly 110 man hours :w00t:

I called Yamaha UK to explain how unhappy i am with the service i’m receiving from West London Yamaha, also to tell her that I want my bike pulled out of West London Yamaha and moved to a more competant dealer as WLY are obviosly not up to the task!!!, I still await a call from Moira!

Yamaha UK will be re-aquainted with a slightly used R1 if this carries on much longer, as it is quite obvious that it is not fit for purpose.

The only dealings I ever had with WLY was a few years ago when I phoned their service centre to get a ballpark quote for a service on my bike at the time (R6). I don’t recall the dudes name but he was cheeky as f**k to me on the phone to the point that I told him if he wants to speak to me in such a way I will ride down and see him personally. Needless to say I never took my bike there and also lodged a complaint with Yam UK.

shando

Another update!!!I thought id popped in unannounced to see what exactly is going on as things haven’t exactly been steaming along, this is what i found :w00t:…

This first picture amounts to about 10 days work!!! The other pics show the area my new engine is to be built and the storage of the new components and also the plastics from my bike!!! i use the word storage very loosely!!!

My personal opinion Ricky… I wouldn’t want this bike back…

What a fuggin mess!!! :angry:

Bloody hell. You HAVE to be joking!!!

I’m with you there, How can they guarantee the cleanliness of the completed engine with a work area like that???

Not too sure how i would go about refusing the return of it???

Bloody hell indeed, unfortunately i am NOT joking :w00t: This is what i found today just before Sam ordered to me to leave the premises because i was annoyed with the work that had been undertaken to date!!!

Looks like my garage…

Mate i would be straight over to Yamaha UK with the pictures, demanding they do something now or they would see you everyday asking the same questions until they do something.

I’m also with Arnie chap, all the love you had for that bike has now gone and you will not feel the same riding it down the road.

Its a bloody disgrace and something that the likes of MCN need to know about so no one else gets buggered by these dickheads.

You have been more than patient with all concerned, but now enough is enough and time for you to take major action chap.

Good luck fella.

That is outrageous.

Not sure that I would buy a Yamaha now, was thinking about a 600 Fazer, but i’ll now stick to the Honda dealer that I know so well.

Is that YOUR crankshaft is laying on the floor ! ON THE FLOOR ! :frowning: Are you sure you went to the right place, is that really a Yamaha dealer ?Strewth, you really don’t want that back, not ever if they have built it there. Can you not ask Yamaha to move it somewhere else to be rebuilt ? How about Yamaha paying for somebody like TTS to rebuild it for you in their engine room ? Those pics certainly give you a huge lever to get a loan bike, if I worked for Yamaha I’d have a face like a tomato knowing a customer had seen that.

+1(except even my garage is tidier than that and there are no engne parts laying on the floor, they are indoors :w00t: )

I must say, I do like how they have put his fairings in a nice safe place so they don’t get scratched… oh hang on, no they haven’t, they are on the floor too :angry:

All the parts you see there are from either my bike or new parts supplied by Yamaha UK And no, it wasn’t the correct choice of main dealers :w00t: I’ve told Yamaha UK that i want to move my bike elsewhere but they have stated that they cannot guarantee that the work would be covered under warrantyI’m getting into that way of thinking that i don’t want it back!!! Yamaha UK have seen the pics and i await a call from the service manager this afternoon, i will be pushing very hard for a loan bike!!! I also have sent the same pics to Trading Standards!!!

That is a joke and I agree that enough is enough. I suggest that you contact these guys: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

And maybe this address:

Slough Borough Council
Regulatory Enforcement Unit
Trading Standards
Room FE08, First Floor East
Town Hall
Bath Road
Slough
SL1 3UQ

t: 01753 875255
f: 01753 875221

Mate, that is disgusting. Those photos should be used in a letter to Yamaha, then if that fails a solicitor who would add a ‘little’ pressure?

New bike. End of.

That’s a good idea, been thining about it and you’re already being shafted by Yamaha so how much worse could it be ? Maybe MCN could help you get it resolved ?

If you bought the bike on finance then the finance company will help too, as it’s probably technically their bike still.

Strewth, sorry chap, doesn’t look like you’re going to get this back anytime soon.

If I was you, I’d be posting the pictures and the full story on every Yamaha or Yamaha related website and forum that I could possibly find. Once you’ve done that, Email all of the links to the sites to the idiot that runs WLY and Yamaha UK.