West London Newbie

Hi all, 

A quick introduction, I’m a new motorcyclist (age 46) . I started the whole process in July 2016 and bit by bit got my full licence in mid Nov, deposit on a new bike a week later. I have to add, I passed everything first time. My prior experience was zero, not even friends who had ridden. I spend a lot of time on my bicycle so I supposed that helped with the awareness and balance (and yes , I do obey all lights and rules).

My choice of first bike is a 2016 Kawasaki ER6F,  it felt right within a minute of the test ride so I didn’t bother with any others and my only comparison was with the Yamaha XJ6 training school bike. I love the bike, it’s easy to control and chuck about and although still running it in, it has lots of grunt.

I picked up my bike about a month after the deposit was laid  and since then I’ve done 500 miles, all pleasure, a bit cold but I wasn’t going to pass in November and wait till Spring to ride! 

Attachments

Welcome and nice choice for a first bike. 

Welcome! ER6-F are solid bikes! 

Welcome! Great choice in bike, clearly you didn’t go full mid-life crisis and get a 1000cc widow maker :smiley:

Great choice for a bike! I too live in west London, hope to see you on a ride out sometime soon.

I bought my first big bike from the Honda dealer across the road at HGB!

Thank you all! Ha ha , midlife crisis, no, I read enough to know that buying a super duper 1000cc bike was not for me …yet, and still may not be for me in the future. I like usable power , so the bike has to fit the purpose. Then again I like Daytona’s , the Ducati 996, ZX’s in all guises…

HGB/Daytona in Ruislip, very good guys , they let me sit on the bikes as a wide eyed excited lunatic when i first set foot in there, but the H2 was out of bounds.

Not even allowed to touch their H2. To me it looks like a machine from the future that travelled back in time.

Welcome aboard! Nice new bike :slight_smile:

Security. Security. Security. Oh and some luck…

Welcome!

Welcome to the mad house. Nice bike. HGB seem to be a good set of guys

Welcome, well done!  HGB/Daytona are my local bike shops too.  Rajdoot over the road does a good curry as well :slight_smile:

Welcome KalsiKwak,

Your thought process is very smart. Lovely toy. I endorse banman’s advice on security. I’m a big fan of Almax chains, having five of them.

Thanks again, with regards to security I have a Pragmasis chain, a Squire padlock and a Abus alarmed disc lock, the bike is chained to to a parking sign post outside my house. Plus I check on it every 5 seconds or so :wink:

However, three days after bringing t home, somebody nicked the cover , the plus point is my disc alarm worked. I deduced that if the scrote wanted the bike , he would’ve not nicked the cover but left it and come back for the bike later after seeing what response the alarm had. Since then, it’s been fine and the new cover unhampered. Apparently ppl nick covers for their own bikes or to sleep in.

Welcome KalsiKwak,

Your thought process is very smart. Lovely toy. I endorse banman’s advice on security. I’m a big fan of Almax chains, having five of them.

Aceman
Hmmmmpf!
Welcome KalsiKwak,

Aceman
and some Samurai swords.

So you’ve been bitten by the bug as well. It just shows it’s never too late…

Enjoy your riding adventure. You’re in the right company here.

Welcome KalsiKwak,

Aceman
Hmmmmpf! Acemans Old Triumph
You've still got the hump with me?  Amazing.  It was you who kept letting me down.  I had the R1 for 7 years, and only had two problems with it.

Welcome KalsiKwak,

Aceman
and some Samurai swords. eezie
Hmmm, yeah.  I guess that has a certain influence. 

I and welcome I passed in Dec and also picked up a 2016 er6f great bike. Done it’s first service and the power is great , not too heavy either. Enjoy it