Urgent BMF appeal for bikers - Friday 21st Dec

Hello.
This is real, it has been verified by the Make A Wish Foundation and BMF. It’s happening tomorrow. If you can be there, it would be appreciated.

Taken from the UKGSer site and also on Visordown.com

This is from Rachel at the BMF:

FRIDAY 21st DECEMBER -

Hello everybody, hope you are all well. Please excuse the BMF for contacting you this way, especially if you ticked the “no” box, but we felt that this was a slightly different circumstance and I am sure you will understand.

We have been approached by The Make a Wish Foundation (MaWF). This is an organisation that asks terminally ill children what they would wish for and then tries to deliver.

They have been asked by Jack, a six year old, if he could have some motorcycles ride past his bedroom window. He can not go out and is unlikely to see in the New Year. The BMF has been asked to help.

Although Jack lives in Slough, I have used the email addresses of all individual members in Slough and affiliate clubs in regions 5 and 6, together with the emails I have for National and One Make clubs. I realise that many of you may live too far away to be able to take part in this venture but you may have friends or colleagues living nearer, who are willing to go and support Jack and his family.

The MaWF have said that they will buy Jack some Christmas presents for the motorcyclists to deliver and so all the BMF has been asked to provide are the riders/bikes.

West London Harley are involved and we are liaising with them.

The BMF Chairman, Anna Zee, will be taking part, together with as many volunteers as we can muster.

The ride will meet at The Farnham Pump on the Farnham Rd, Farnham Royal, Slough, Berkshire, SL2 3AS (This is the A355) on Friday 21st December at 4.30pm. Fancy dress will bring an added smile if anyone can muster something up at this late stage.

With best wishes
Rachel
BMF Membership Manager
0116 2845390

Apparently the meeting place and time has now been confirmed.

Link to original

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128775

Thanks.
:slight_smile:

I’d love to but am at work and very much doubt I can get out on such short notice :frowning:

Will do my best to be there, work can easily be dropped for this.

I’ll do my best to be there.

okay when is it jim…I will try to come too…

From the OP:

The ride will meet at The Farnham Pump on the Farnham Rd, Farnham Royal, Slough, Berkshire, SL2 3AS (This is the A355) on Friday 21st December at 4.30pm. Fancy dress will bring an added smile if anyone can muster something up at this late stage.

ok if thats confirmed going to try and make that…

Time and location in the first post is confirmed by the BMF.
:slight_smile:

Link above requires registration, can you provide an open one?

Also remember it’s the LB Christmas Party tomorrow evening.

He’ll be so pleased to see a real live power ranger :w00t:

This is a great cause, I wish I could get out of work for it.

Ditto above…just read this and sorry cant make it, short notice and wouldnt get back in time cos its the xmas party …but wish i could have wish id known before i might not have gone to the party or arranged to go later or something…anything…hope the little boy gets his wish…

Not far from me, I will try and make it.

ive just seen this as ive just got home from work…ive just this second decided to pull a sicky in the morning…i will be there to help make this happen…

if im late for the party im sorry guys…but this is far too important to me to pass up…

hold on kid…im on my way…!!!;).

smiled:D.

may be able to make it.

anyone leaving from west london…hammersmith way

I wish I could be there 'cos I live in Slough.

Give the Boy a few loud revs from me! :wink:

Yeah I will be heading out on the A4, can meet you somewhere, how about the Hammersmith Apollo at 3:15 for a 3:30pm leave? I think the traffic might be mental, so have to allow for a bit extra. Have PM’ed you my mobile number.

I’m in

Wish I could make this but only just seen it… at work. If I had know I would have chosen a different mode of transport.

Hang in there kid, two bike riding power rangers will be there to make your christmas wishes come true (nice one E and Smiled :stuck_out_tongue: ) and to all the others who get there.

Anybody heading to this please bear in mind that the traffic is gonna be bonkers this afternoon. BBC reckons it’s gonna peak about 3pm, so allow a little extra time to get there.

Elad, you pm’ed me with details but you forgot your number…lol

i’ll be at the apollo at 3.30, traffics gonna be bad