Upload Your Own Profile Cover Photo!

Ah, another good choice :slight_smile:

very cool! mine done :slight_smile:

wow nice photo’s everyone…will have to try and find something suitable.

Ah, I was hoping that when the ability to edit the text on your profile came it could only be edited by other people. But this isn’t my social experiment…

Anyway, when I try to edit mine, if I hover my mouse over the empty box a little ‘edit’ thingy pops up, but clicking does nothing and it’s not clear how to edit the text field. Maybe you have implemented it like that? :slight_smile:

This is Firefox 38.5, and there’s a screenshot here:

(I'm not particularly interested in editing it, so don't feel the need to fix it on my part!)

I have the same issue as the The Big Red One…

why are you not on Firefox 44?

Because Jessie ships with 38 and I don’t find web browsers exciting enough to update them individually.

why are you not on Firefox 44? me_groovy
I Use Yandex v 16.2.0.2568

same issue as above.  doesnt edit.  tried phone and laptop.

Well, it should work :slight_smile: Let me look at it…

Okay, try now :slight_smile:

Looks like it’s working now but likevthe idea it can only be changed by others

No, dont let others change it! I can imagine what mine will end up saying!!

That’s the point! Basically a wiki biography that the subject can’t edit - see what the popular opinion of you is :slight_smile:

And yeah, works for me in my apparently ancient Firefox now :slight_smile:

You guys are mad!

yes its working now thanks.  that idea can backfire on so many levels  :D

Not mad…f’in mental !

I think what you mean by ‘backfire’ is what I see as the point :slight_smile: I don’t necessarily want it to happen on a forum I’m on, but I’d love to see what’d happen if you did that.

Jay - you have caused an hour of measurement and research to fit a photo in the “golden third and a half but a bit to the right” to get an image on.  We will now have to take all our pics in this region.  See photo of cig packet to demonstrate.   Bit blurry but it was taken in vino veritas after much calculation with a bit of paper, ruler and pencil.   As you will see it is in the almost perfect spot at last.  

PS:  We might have to edit our name to “Jets” to shorten the wording over the image.  

Bet that what it looks like after a couple of bottles of red Mr J