Upcoming Feature List

Thanks Wise, I’ll look into it. Though if you’re able to, I’d recommend using a modern browser like Edge, Firefox or Chrome.

While you’re in a fixingy mood, the all-caps titles are a bit grating, but moreso the fact that ‘LONDONBIKERS’ is the first bit and not the second makes browsing with tabs a bit weird and shouty:

could it be `<thread title> : LONDONBIKERS` rather than `LONDONBIKERS: <thread title>`?

Thanks Wise, I'll look into it. Though if you're able to, I'd recommend using a modern browser like Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
Jay
its my work laptop so no chance of updating

it works fine on my Iphone I just checked

One thing. After posting the bar is hidden by the confirmation message for too long. So I can’t immediately hit the lightning bolt !

How do we turn off notifications we accidentally turned on??

Avi, good suggestion, I’ll get on it :wink:

Jetstream, click your profile picture in the top right and go to account settings and you can change your preferences there.

Banman, you can click the green bar and it’ll go away.

Well they are set to “off” but still getting them eg for this thread!

Any chance of a more plain commenting box? The behaviour’s a bit mad (I think the quote fun is obvious but presumably already in the works) - pasting in URLs to photos means they’re immediately there and all over the page so it’s not clear what’s going on, but you don’t get enough control over them to set a thumbnail size (and I get that the forum’s going to deal with that on posting). Also they seem to paste in in a really weird order, but since the text keeps inexplicably going centred that might be my getting it wrong? 

The post box will get some more work Avi. It may even disappear in favour of a mark-down powered way of making posts rich.

Testing… :slight_smile: Yay it goes away!

Markdown would be nice. It’s almost become the industry “standard” nowadays. Something like Ghost has could be nice with a preview.

What? You think you have a forum of IT geeks here or something!?

[quote] Markdown would be nice. It's almost become the industry "standard" nowadays. Something like Ghost has could be nice with a preview. --- Cypher [/quote]

What? You think you have a forum of IT geeks here or something!?

banman
Don't we?! are you trying to tell me that you're not an IT geek?!

Most people don’t use formatting, and even less would know what markdown is, and even less again would be inclined to use it, but the advantages are numerous for the site. Security and uniformity of experience across devices being the top ones.

Youtube embeds are not working for me (in Safari 7.1.8 on OS X 10.9.5), with the console giving the errors:

• Unrecognized Content-Security-Policy directive 'child-src'.
  • Refused to frame 'https://www.youtube.com/embed/id-of-any-video' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "default-src 'self'". Note that 'frame-src' was not explicitly set, so 'default-src' is used as a fallback.
I assume the former can be ignored and the latter means for you just need to add a "frame-src *" to this header for older browsers?
  • Content-Security-Policy default-src 'self'; script-src londonbikers.com:443 *.iubenda.com code.jquery.com *.msecnd.net cdnjs.cloudflare.com cse.google.com www.google.com clients1.google.com www.googleapis.com:443 platform.instagram.com:443 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'; child-src *; img-src * data:; media-src *; style-src londonbikers.com:443 *.iubenda.com cse.google.com www.google.com 'unsafe-inline'; connect-src londonbikers.com:443 *.visualstudio.com; report-uri https://report-uri.io/report/lb

Geek

Some quality QA right there @Michael.

Cheers Michael. Looks like the CSP needs updating.

Should be okay now.