TV recommendations

and surround sound systems are cheap to come by for something simple

Whatever you get please don’t buy from John Lewis.

Inflated prices and awful after care.

Watts does not equal quality , You might get speakers that are 1000w but you end up getting 999w of noise and 1w of music :slight_smile:

Funny you say that Alba… I work in market research and every focus group I have done, even if we’re talking about something different, John Lewis comes across as the best of the best…

Agreed Num Num. As others said speakers are easily upgradeable… So sony it is

John Lewis price match, so if you can find the equivalent in Richer Sounds, take that price to John Lewis.

My friend Emma who works in Retail recommends John Lewis, plus the food Court in the Chelsea store has great views Ja.

https://www.johnlewis.com/never-knowingly-undersold

well only £10 in it… is price match available online or do I have to go in store?

i buy from John Lewis for the company, i can only tell you by experience they are expensive and cant even organize a simple delivery. i wouldnt touch it with a stick if it was something for myself.

price match my arse. same goods cost at least 100quids less from other online companies, including delivery. and dont get me started on their ‘extended guarantee’.

i’d rather go to argos.

anyway, shame you’re voting samsung off. the image quality when connected to laptops/desktops or game consoles is unbeatable.

but sony is better soundwise.

I’m not writting Samsung off… I’ve always thought Sony is a bit overpriced. But I have looked at the Bravia a friend has and it’s very very good. This falls within my price range, and offers (on paper anyway, a better spec for the same price.

Yes you can get cheaper online… on this TV I haven’t found something that much cheaper. Generally on the models they had advertised the maximum discount I found was £30. Not a bad deal unless you’re my brother who 2.5 years into his TV it just went kaput. So a 5 year warranty sounds great.

To be fair, Richer Sounds have the same deal - 5 year warranty. I’m tempted to buy from them but I’ll need to see which of the stores is more convenient.