TV recommendations

just had a look, looks like it has the Ethernet NIC built in, you will need the plug in ethernet things your brother uses though.

Where does it say that / What is NIC… is it one of these? Component Input/ composite input?

They’re really hot on refunds / exchanges too. I f*cked up a gizmo - free view thingy - and took it back twice and they replaced it both times without any hassle.

Yeah I like Richer Sounds… I’ll give them a look…

Reading some reviews they say the 5500 is average but better than the 6100…

Hmmm… :slight_smile:

I googled the back of the TV image, so your covered tbh think this is standard on samsung now I know mine has one…

Yes Richer sounds are pretty good. John Lewis also price match I think and are good with customer service and warranties.

Don’t over think it though. Decide on one and plant it in your lounge.

Yup I was going to say John lewis, my TV cost £10 more than the cheapest place I could find but came with a 5 year warranty included so well worth the extra £10 imho.

pretty sure all tv’s at JL come with a free 5 year warranty.

Yup, for such a difference I would go to JL.

Play.com have that 3D one for 40 quid cheaper at £339

Still something is telling me to go with that 5500 model one.

http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue32f5000-led-hd-1080p-tv-32-with-freeview-hd/p439161

I just got this last week - 5 year guarantee from JL is pretty awesome. The TV itself, well it’s a Samsung, so it’s great :slight_smile:

Don’t go to a shop to decide.

http://prolost.com/blog/2011/3/28/your-new-tv-ruins-movies.html

the refresh rate is really important. Nothing worse than watching great HD tv and when youre watching fast moving picture, it all becomes blurry. Also, physically watch the tv in the shop (if you can) motorsports can sometimes show up poor quality tv as they focus on the bike/car so that becomes “stationary” and the background is the moving target and the background becomes fuzzy. Not to be confused with the blurr from the picture moving fast cause youre watching FAST bikes. Its just the speed the tv can actually produce the picture

Got rid of my TV 10 years ago . . . best thing I ever did

Do you really need a TV?

Yup, I like watching TV or watching something streamed through my PC. :slight_smile:

As for the refresh rate… given that my PC monitor is 60Hz and I love the way things show on it (Full HD Planet Earth is great), I’m now starting to wonder if there’s any point looking at over 100Hz.

So the 5500 Samsung one starts becoming a very good option!

big difference when you’re looking at large screens.

You don’t need a TV. Forget it:)

go to a shop to check them out. JL is good for that but bear in mind they’re left on all opening hours, day after day.

Whilst I have a preference for Samsungs… I couldn’t help but spot this Sony Bravia.

In my budget but with the 200Hz+smart TV+freeview Hd+1080…

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravia-kdl32w653-led-hd-1080p-smart-tv-32-with-freeview-hd/p454595

Looks like the best of the pick…

that looks pretty excellent

apart from teh speakers… 10W… as my brother pointed out!

It’s like TV manufacturers do it on purpose to infuriate me!

Get a surround sound system if you’re worried about how good the speakers are, at that price you’ll need to comprise something.