Transporting a cat on a motorcycle?

i seen many people carrying small dogs in their handbags. so carry your pussycat in your handbag…

I carried a 12 inch Koi Carp once, and I did shove it inside my jacket (Although it was in a plastic bag with water in it).

Bob

I think thats unlucky :blink:

i’ve got a tank bag which i bought especially for the dog, the dog loves it, but didnt end up use it much, as ze German said too much responsibility, i wouldnt want to risk it.
i dont think a cat would cope very well, it would be traumatized.

It is probably the same ‘trap’ as dogs, in that transporting dogs is not detailed as illegal but the RSPCA have regulations that get deferred to by law officers. In that if you break them you get done for cruelty to animals, not transporting. It is why I gave up on transporting my dog, he is just too long when prone (100cm) for a transport box on the bike.

For a dog, RSPCA say it has to be able to lay prone, be able to stand fully and be able to turn 180 degrees in the container. The container also needs ventilation etc so the animal is not distressed.

Seriously though, how far you going? Down the road a shortways, just dump it in a ruck sack or top box, longer, get a container and avoid the RSPCA.

:)A friend of ours when transporting his cat to the vet strapped the cat box on to the back of his bike (he was a courier and had no other transport). The cat hated it apparently but after a few revs he said he could’t hear the squealing.

The cat lived a long and happy life (aged at least 14 at time of demise) and seemed to forgive him after the rare trips on the back, well bungeed on. :slight_smile:

Any excuse for a cute kitten

Is this thread a joke…?

DON’T take your cat on your bike.

I met one of my old friends tonight, ironically his name is Whiskers. He told me there’s two types of cats in the world, thick haired cats and light haired cats. He said depending on the aerodynamics of the bike it may not be best to take a certain type of cat on your bike. Apparently the only way to be sure is to hold your cat about shoulder height facing your bike, drop your cat on your foot whilst swinging it forward in the direction of the bike. If the cat clears the bike then it is aerodynamically in-tune with your bike, however if the cat smashes into the fairings or engine then it may be at odds with the shape of the bike and you may want to alternative methods of transport, such as a trebuchet, missile or hover-craft.

Gaffer/Duct tape - lots of, & spare pair of hands to pin it down first. They love it really.

What about the wife’s cat?

poor cat he prob has no choice:hehe:

My cat does better on the bike than in a car . She chucks up in a car she dont do that on the bike .

Neither does BA Baracus on a plane…

you don’t. do you?..

Boats make me chuck up … So far the cats sea legs remain untested :wink:

Phew. For a moment I thought the reason your cat don’t upchuck on the bike is either because you knock her out cold with a cosh, or drug her…

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCKL24dXO0Q

Always ensure you’re pussy has protection, preferably with a helmet :blink: