Train Fares to rise by up to 3.6%

I used to pay £4k a year on train travel, I also used to get paid £6k more than the same job locally.  me_groovyall

all up my public transport commuting costs are around 6k

I have to drive to the train station (there isn’t a bus service at the time I need & its 45mins by bus)

I have to pay to park @ £7.40 daily

I think a monthly is around £400

then I have the cost of my oyster card

im lucky my company pays my traveling

they pay for the fuel & tyres on the bike but nothing else  

What the fuck is wrong with people who refuse to comnent or show humanity on major terrorist atrocity but happily carp on about fucking train fares on a fucking motorcycle forum. yourebarred
Here we go again with old Trolly Parton here...

People? Surely you must understand that people need to work, London has a lot of jobs but limited affordable housing. So people do what they can to work and provide for their families... What's wrong is the housing and rail market... Yes there are those who chose to do it but for a lot of industries, London is where the jobs are so if you move out, you might find one job. But be made redundant or want to quit and your options will be limited. Serrisan
Fair point - I suppose having never worked in London while living outside of it I've never really realised the amount of money some people spend just getting to work; for me it's a 15 minute cycle. My response to that was more incredulity at the amount more than anything.
That sort of money is the point where I'd be looking for alternative options (either work or living locations) to try and avoid that, but that's obviously not an option for a lot of people depending on the specific industry or their family situation.
ILikeTurtles
Oh yeah the amounts are eye-watering... my wife was paying that for a year because she had to to get her foot in the door (+ a 3 train 1.5 hr commute)... now she's moving jobs to a local one, with more money than the one she left. 

My situation is that I’m lucky to have moved to a company outside London. But 90% of the jobs in my industry are in London, so I have to stay close by… 

Hypocritical cunt

But what reason would there be to start a thread about it? So that we could all express those emotions publically? It’s a bit like Facebook where everyone just comments or expresses solidarity via a hashtag.

Ultimately (and sadly) this has become a bit of a reality across the world. I don’t see the difference in this happening here. Train fares rise in France, Russia all the time. Yes this is closer to home, therefore hits a bit harder, but I don’t feel the need to discuss it in a public motorbike forum.

Forums are rarely a place for rational debate and I find myself with less and less time.

Sorry to chip in, but you find enough time to call a fellow biker, with good intentions, a cunt?

Short memory or new here cbr500r?

Oh and I’m Glaswegian, we call everyone cunts.

The post above is a paraphrase of the utter bollocks Serrisan spewed about a bombing on our soil. He doesn’t think a motorbike forum is the right place to comment on it, is fed up with people expressing emotion online and doesn’t have time for the politics. I said I’d call him out if he found the time to talk shit about anything other than motorbikes. So I am.

You forget how that thread started, don’t you? And once again, taking my post out of context. Out of interest, was the above one post or have you put three sentences together? I have a really bad memory as to what I’ve posted in the past!  It probably is one which makes me think ‘What the hell was I typing - my point is rambling!’

But going back to memories - I seem to recall it was after a long thread asking people if no one was talking about ‘an elephant in the room’ -  in which I pointed out how the cryptical thread had been started got people worried members about other being in an accident, rather than referring to the manchester attacks. In said post I had mentioned that you had started a thread, so why was another cryptical one needed -  you then attacked me for it because you thought I was spiting you and I responded in a long evening of insults in which you kept calling me a hypocrite, to which I responded that you were the same, to which I said that I found the overall sentimentalism of attacks happening miles away was hypocritical, at least to have two threads dedicated to it and being ‘expected’ to be posted. 

By the way, I still don’t feel I need to express emotion for something I don’t feel emotion for. And I also find it bizarre that it is ‘expected’ to be talked about on a motorbike forum. I don’t have the same nationalistic fervour you seem to have to express solidarity with something just because ‘it’s on our soil’. 

Here, we were talking about an increase in transport costs and commuting… do you see the difference with the above on a motorbike forum?

If Jay ever fixes the search, go back to my 2010 posts and have a field day… I’m sure I’ve said contrary things in the past. I even called the 990 fugly once and then bought one and said it was great. 

Have fun…

‘You forget how that thread started, don’t you? And once again, taking my post out of context.’…

No I remember better than you do clearly and know where the previous button is. No, didn’t take it out of context, I paraphrased it. If you don’t understand that, I don’t care.

‘But going back to memories - I seem to recall it was after a long thread asking people if no one was talking about ‘an elephant in the room’ -  in which I pointed out how the cryptical thread had been started got people worried members about other being in an accident, rather than referring to the manchester attacks. In said post I had mentioned that you had started a thread, so why was another cryptical one needed -  you then attacked me for it because you thought I was spiting you and I responded in a long evening of insults in which you kept calling me a hypocrite, to which I responded that you were the same’

Incorrect. What happened was you said more or less what I posted above. So you didnt mention me or think I was spiting you. You behaved hypocritically then, as you are now. You called me one too but with no basis for it at all, and made yourself look a fool.

'to which I said that I found the overall sentimentalism of attacks happening miles away was hypocritical, at least to have two threads dedicated to it and being ‘expected’ to be posted. 

By the way, I still don’t feel I need to express emotion for something I don’t feel emotion for. And I also find it bizarre that it is ‘expected’ to be talked about on a motorbike forum. I don’t have the same nationalistic fervour you seem to have to express solidarity with something just because ‘it’s on our soil’. 

Here, we were talking about an increase in transport costs and commuting… do you see the difference with the above on a motorbike forum?’

Yes. I see the difference and continue to find you weird and lacking in basic human understanding. None of which matters to me if you weren’t a fucking hypocrite.

Thread derailed.

Thread derailed. banman
Nice

Been keeping company with Pan?

Yourebarred your paraphrase is my out of context then clearly… keep reading whatever you want into my posts and keep posting whatever you would like. Keep calling me a cunt, hypocrite or whatever you fancy. I’ll keep posting in whatever I want and we’ll both be happy.

Edited… ah fuck it, I had previously posted about offering a drink to discuss at BMM as I am curious. But re-reading it makes me realise it’s probably a wasted invite (and slightly weird on my part)

I don't do violence and am bad at it.
Serrisan
He's right you know. Cuddles like a gropey uncle too.

I don't do violence and am bad at it. Serrisan
He's right you know. Cuddles like a gropey uncle too. me_groovy

damnit Mian, I went back and edited my invite… thought it might be too weird given the posts above. 

So to contextualise that… in my previous post I had entertained the possibility of meeting up at BMM as I am curious. The above comment was in a section about not interpreting that invite as a random internet threat - it was a genuine offer. The above was a reason why it wasn’t a thread.

Also I like to think I’m more of a gropey granpa, but fine.,… 

not enough grey hair yet bud

Lol @ Trolly Parton!

I don’t commute anymore. But I do care.

My caring levels dropped when I had to use a train recently.  Have to use one tomorrow PM into and out of London because I want to have more than a teaspoon of alcohol…

Just stirring the pot here

If ticket price inflation is matching the retail price index but fuel prices and wage growth crucially aren’t following suit then a logical postulate is we will see a rise in the number of bikers on the road all year round - perhaps this does affect us