Train Fares to rise by up to 3.6%

Discuss…  I don’t care.

Attachments

I live and work outside London, I don’t care either. 

As we all know, it’s cheaper to ride.

And WAY MORE FUN!

I don’t care

I can claim it back through expenses

Same

Ditto

But you should be caring… Cause it’s not just trains going up as wages stay flat… Or do you only care about things that affect you?

It doesn’t affect me (or my wife anymore), but it does annoy me…

Motorcycle forum

Vehicle insurance premiums have also gone up, including for motorcycles…

Aye and if that was the subject of the post then you wouldn’t have all but one person saying they don’t care. Even the OP doesn’t care.

Good for him… But I do. Tough luck I’m afraid

P.s. you missed the word ‘discuss’ in the original post

Just read an article on the BBC about this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40936050 people paying up to £5k a year on commuting into London?

The fuck is wrong with people?

Overcrowded, unreliable and uncomfortable trains you should add.

People? Surely you must understand that people need to work, London has a lot of jobs but limited affordable housing. So people do what they can to work and provide for their families… What’s wrong is the housing and rail market…

Yes there are those who chose to do it but for a lot of industries, London is where the jobs are so if you move out, you might find one job. But be made redundant or want to quit and your options will be limited.

People? Surely you must understand that people need to work, London has a lot of jobs but limited affordable housing. So people do what they can to work and provide for their families... What's wrong is the housing and rail market...
Yes there are those who chose to do it but for a lot of industries, London is where the jobs are so if you move out, you might find one job. But be made redundant or want to quit and your options will be limited. Serrisan
Fair point - I suppose having never worked in London while living outside of it I've never really realised the amount of money some people spend just getting to work; for me it's a 15 minute cycle. My response to that was more incredulity at the amount more than anything.

That sort of money is the point where I’d be looking for alternative options (either work or living locations) to try and avoid that, but that’s obviously not an option for a lot of people depending on the specific industry or their family situation.

What the fuck is wrong with people who refuse to comnent or show humanity on major terrorist atrocity but happily carp on about fucking train fares on a fucking motorcycle forum.

I used to pay £4k a year on train travel, I also used to get paid £6k more than the same job locally. 

:joy::joy::joy:

How long was your commute?

1:15 at best door to door.

1:30 on the bike at best.