To Every biker Who Dresses Like a Police Officer

Oi… Leave the maxi scoters out of this!:doze::wink:

Thinking about this, am I considered as posing as an undercover officer - black bike, black bike gear and mostly black helmet with dark visor?:hehe:
If it slightly improves the chances of him being seen then FairPlay to him… But he shouldn’t ride like a pr1ck as well!!! Lol

No - this guy wasn’t that extreme - but still looked exactly like a Police bike right up until you got within twenty feet of him - de-stickered ex-Police beemer - but with the chevrons still painted on the back of the panniers.

I sat behind this t0sser at a steady 70 for twenty minutes until I realised he wasn’t old bill . . . :crazy::smiley:

damn Sneaky got there before me.

Otherwise I agree with the general sentiment. They need to have a word with themselves and stop being bell ends.

All their bikes doubtless have headlights and taillights on which generally I reckon to be more visible than a dayglo bib and a white helmet.

Mucho sad.

Well, when you in the queuing traffic and you look in the mirror, there is no distinctive difference between lights of the car and bike. Drivers are not obligated to look in the mirror all the time as they traveling forward. If hi-viz clothing would be such a waste of time, no one would wear it and none would produce it.
I would like to bring to your attention Hurt Report. I know it is not fashionable and trendy, but sometimes you have to ask yourself is it more important to look right or to not being injured?
For all riders/drivers who slowed down when they see that sort of clothing, maybe it saved your life as you were zooming thru traffic, this 10 sec you slowed down could be crucial.

R

ps. If someone annoys you with his bike, clothes, helmet being similar like police, fire department, immigration officer, prist, ambulance. Just have a word with him, tell him how you feel, or at least give him envelope with letter and link to that thread if you don’t want confrontation.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing, I’d not seen that before, the report is from 1981 but is still seen as valid.

they seem to be breeding

i would draw a cock on his screen with a permanent marker. :smiley:

He’d probably try to suck it. Cock sucking bastard.

These are the kind of people who complain about small slip ups on live TV or radio. Like if a presenter accidentally says ****.

Just replace the flashing light with a dildo :laugh:

Wow this thread has had alot of views, all what started with a bit of a rant and joke!!

Haha well done Rixxy for starting thyis funny thread, made me laugh :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve seen this one on the road a few times. He rides pretty agressively and pays no respect to other riders that I can see.

Do anyone think there’s a possibility that they have a net site/forum where they discuss ‘mods’ and police-esque clothing? If so I need to find it if only to become a ‘troll’ there :smiley:

Ian

Rixxy soon once everything goes ok I will post my topic: real police officers pretending to be police officers

Hey and it’s only me being corrected! Well there’s a switch eh?

:w00t:

Yes the Hurt report is valid and interesting and I’ve read it before.

Nah is not only you :slight_smile: I just don’t want to start pointless internet arguments (probably got hit in the head during my off)

R

Id it valid enough for you to dress like a cock. Is anything valid enough for that??

This could be printed onto a small business card and left somewhere on their bike. Just a thought :Whistling:

Agreed, impersonating a copper is an offence, however regarding the Polite hi-vis jackets, official word is they (alone) are perfectly legal and won’t get you in trouble:-

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2013/June/jun1413-polite/

Have to admit, after being taken out on the A13 the other week, I’ve been seriously considering donning some hi-vis and particularly one of these Polite jackets. Who knows if it would have saved me on my recent off, the chap quite patently didn’t look in mirror/over shoulder, can’t even be sure he had his eyes open. However, if it gets you noticed a few seconds earlier on a few occasions, I’d say it’s done its job.

I was also wondering if a bike with ABS would have saved me too, so on a quick ebay search for a cheap bike with ABS, and up popped a few well maintained and smart looking white BMW K1200RS’s…
:Whistling:

Holding traffic up or not, can you really filter with them huge empty luggage boxes on the sides?

Do you have to keep the side panniers on? guy at work just got one of these after being taken out of his big old BMW few weeks back, he’s loving it so far for the commute.