To Every biker Who Dresses Like a Police Officer

Im glad we all agree, total wan***s

Agreed.

Now. Who’s gonna start the thread about Prima Donna Ducati’s then?!

:stuck_out_tongue:

I put one of those H vest Hiviz things on yesterday, coz it was a bit foggy and I thought I’d make an effort. NEVER AGAIN! every time I got behind someone they would slow down and start driving like a ferking learner, truly paranoid behaviour. I looked nothing like the old bill. silver helmet, black jacket and trousers and a black and dark grey bike BTW, so really nothing like the old bill.

Oh, and agreed, the knob on the M1 is clearly a complete penis.

I use to wear a hi vis jacket. I can also agree driver’s became paranoid. I’ve witnessed driver’s attempting to put on seat belts slyly as well as drop phone’s. I’ve got a loud ass Supermoto with a black helmet and tinted visor. I found it hilarious, I stopped wearing it because i started wearing a ruck sack and you could hardly see it then.

I don’t need a High-Viz, I ride a VFR… you get used to cager paranoia!

Just out of curiosity I sourced this - Impersonating a Police OfficerSection 90 Police Act 1996 creates several offences relating to the impersonation of police officers or the possession of articles of police uniform, namely:impersonating a police officer (including a special constable);making a statement or doing any act calculated falsely to suggest membership of a police force;wearing a police uniform calculated to deceive;possessing an article of police uniform.The circumstances of the case may disclose more than one of these offences. It will seldom be necessary to charge more than one offence. You should select the most appropriate.

You should consider the motive of the defendant. Where the impersonation involves a threat to the safety of any person, or to property, or is done with a view to financial gain, then a prosecution should follow.

Good find ^^^

I think we have a case! :smiley:

Nope, not enough for that offence.

is it enough for a clip around the ears perhaps?

:laugh:

Saw one of these the other day on the A3 coming into London. Very noticeable. I would love to know why he had a little radio aerial on the front of his pan. Sure I’ve seen them on police bikes.

Re the BMW, I would question why he has the light stalk at the rear right, and whether this would constitute an ‘item of police uniform with intent to deceive’. The fact that there are differences when inspected closely to a police uniform is arguably insufficient to prevent that item being an item of police uniform. I would be surprised if it actually had to be an item of police uniform and could not be a fabricated piece - that would make it pretty much impossible to be found guilty unless you had the balls to nick an actual police uniform. And I can’t see any valid reason for that light stalk other than to give the impression of a police bike.

Regardless, I think the jury is unanimous that he’s a tw@t, albeit a public spirited tw@t.

Who’s going to clip whom :wink:

I do have an FM aerial on the back of my pan…

I have to admit I have started to wear my Police uniform when commuting too…:cool:

What? You mean maxi-scooter riders been re-rehabilitated already? :w00t:

Is that the one who has a bit of broom pole with a blue painted plastic bottle on the end mounted on the back of his Beemer too?

Been a while since I did the M3 regularly, but if he’s still out there he gets my vote. Not just for the sad plod wannabe kit, but also for being the slowest filterer in the history of motorcycling & being too much of a self-obsessed ****** to let other riders through.

They are in Equal measure.

i wear my full sleve Network Rail Gore tex jacket (orange) on my bike.
its a brilliant waterproof jacket - and means no one can really claim a smidsy

Oh yeah, lets not forget all those wankers who use blue side lights either. When I seize power I’m gonna make sure you lot are first against the wall for crimes against bikers 'cos there’s a lot of you & I wouldn’t want to risk running out of ammunition before I get around to you.

It’s a long & growing list…

I wear “polite” vest to be spotted (nights, poor weather condition). Few times save my existence (including yesterday). Don’t have white helmet or hi-viz bike.

R