Time for a v-twin?

Nice one H:cool:

Look forward to you joining the Twin Tub Club;):smiley:

You can sort the brakes out very easily by swapping them for a pair of 6 pots off a TLR and a matching master cylinder, all readily available off Fleabay:cool:

But be warned…Once bitten, forever smitten;):smiley:

Glad you liked the Twin - welcome to the fold

:slight_smile:

+1. the superduke looks awesome, prefer the riding position (have only sat on them, ridden the SV tho). the SV is more a touring bike, it’s going to struggle to feel sharp like your CBR unless you put in effort. twins are fun, miss my duke at times

only thing that really slows you down in the city is width :wink:

it’s okay i’ll part the traffic by destroying there ear drums!:smiley:

OI!!! Leave my ar$e out of this:P:D

Blimey, there are some real SV bashers about eh!The SV may not be the perfect sports twin, or the perfect tourer etc… but for the money, it is a great bike. Not that I’m biased.For me the thou was the entry into the litre class, apart from it needing suspension adjustment, I am not wanting for anything more performance wise as it is as quick as most on the road, have whooped a couple of gixer thou’s in the last couple of years. As I said before, it’s the rider that would make the difference.Oh, and blue flame exhausts… hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm for those who have ridden behind me, my apologies for the bleeding ears. :DHenry, welcome to the v-twin club.

Hahaha! SV Bashers! :hehe:Not saying that it’s a bad bike; just that I think the Superduke is better. This is of course purely based of what I’ve seen and read, as I haven’t ridden either (so that’s my argument out of the window :blush: )I agree with you about the rider making all the difference. I bought my CBR thinking I had “outgrown” my old CBF500, only to have someone pass me on one on some bends (which is where the CBR is supposed to excel) not long after getting it. He was a bike instructor but it made me realise that it’s all about the rider.Like everyone I’m often tempted to spend money upgrading the brakes and suspension etc on the bike…but there is nothing that is gonna make the bike ride better than “upgrading” the rider on it. All about clocking up some serious mileage and realising there’s no end to the learning. PS Henry mate:I remember you complaining about your chicken strips on the CBR. Just thinking you might want to do bikesafe or something to help your cornering on the road, or do a trackday if you want to get comfortable with the limits of the bike on a track (cannot recommend this enough - I’m hooked after one fix). I remember you said something about your tyres last week; doubt they’re the problem as all modern sports tyres are very good (unless you get the pressures wrong!). If it’s not you (not sure how many miles you’ve clocked up on bikes or how hard you push it on the road) then it could be the suspension not being set up properly. There are loads of things that can upset the handling on a bike but I doubt on such a new bike there is anything seriously wrong.I seriously advocate every biker being comfortable with leaning their bike over to near the edge of the tyre. Having confidence in yourself and the bike’s cornering ability (which on the CBR is pnenomenal as I discovered at Brands) may end up saving you one day. Can’t remember the figures but I read that a large number of accidents are down to the rider panicing when going round a bend then picking the bike up and running wide, worse case scenario into oncoming traffic!! :w00t:Also being comfortable leaning the bike makes riding a lot more fun! :wink:

Oh, and blue flame exhausts… hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm for those who have ridden behind me, my apologies for the bleeding ears. :smiley:lol im thinking of getting twin pipes on the 6:D:cool: got a single, Blueflame twin port evo myself…baffle free:w00t:;)oh i want a thou V twin now!..

I’m fine going over further but i just don’t really have a reason to with the way i ride. I don’t think i’ve ever gone into a corner to hot and thought oh poo. I’m just a pretty relaxed rider is all no need for all that hero business:cool:

Cool mate. Gotta say I’m guilty of having gone in too hot on more than one occasion. Agree that if you’re a relaxed rider then probably not worth it. I love taking corners but find the road is not the place to be taking them like a nutter; that’s why I’ve booked my next trackday within 2 weeks of doing my first one!!!

Good luck with the new bike (can’t have much worse luck than you’ve had with the CBR can you?!!)

I can vouch for that!! :smiley: They sound the business - proof that a nice set of roarty pipes is a must-have for any v-twin!

And the baffle is still in them, I’ve not got the courage to take em out, London might think Germany are dropping bombs again :hehe:

i’m picking up this bad boy on Saturday and i can’t friggin wait!!!:smiley:

oooooooooooo you got the SV"R" version, very nice colour scheme. They brought this out just after I purchased mine I think…I’m not envious :w00t:

Henry…you bastardo!! i like that colour scheme! see a corona coloured one at ace last friday, looked teh fugging dogs mate!!:smiley:

Enjoy Saturday! Once you’ve picked her up, I feel a ‘try each others V-Twin’ day coming on!!:cool:;)Are you going to take her to the LB track day at Brands in July? I’m going to be there with the 'Storm.

Henry - nice choice buddy , I am sure you will form a " special bond " with her in no time at all - one that will stay in your blood for ever !!

Welcome to " twindome " - enjoy your stay :wink:

P.S - Both Chunky and I told you the pi55 taking would stop once you tried a twin :smiley:

Nice one H:w00t:

People will begin to worry about you because you will be wearing a permanent grin on your face now;)

Thank the Lord for black Visors*

*daytime use of course:D:D

:smiley: stay alert chunks :smiley: