Tiger 1050

Thanks Makman!

(although I have no idea what is or where to find an IACV line, or what a 14mm MC is… I’m a mechanical numpty…)

[edit]

After a bit of googling I have determined that an IACV line is a idle air control valve line (no idea where to find it yet), and a 14mm to 3/8th MC is a master cylinder swap out.

Good tips! Thanks again.

Well the tale of the Tiger comes to a sorry end. My Tiger was parked in a Bike bay in London yesterday. A van came along and hit the damed thing pushing it over its sidestand and hard onto its side. He then sped off.

The front end is smashed to pieces, the near side is damaged, the nearside plastics, front plastic, screen, headlight, indicators broken crash bar scraped and bent. The rear end is smashed due to it flailing around being chained to a lamp post. The front wheel is broken, the claipers on both sides damaged, the brake discs stoved in. Handlebars bent, bar end damaged, mirror broken and other damage.

The total cost of repairs is 65% of the value of the bike so it looks like the Insurance Co will write it off. Bugger.

There was no CCTV. A witness saw the incident and gave me a registration number, so I reported it to the police, the number came back as unregistered.

The bike has been brilliant from day one. I will prolly buy another, depending on how much the ins co decide to give me. Or maybe even look at the 1200?

Sorry to hear about your tiger:(…Thx for keeping the thread updated throughout the 3 years of ownership as it gives a good guide of likely issues and owner experience.

I have another year (ish) of FZ1 ownership but i’ll definitely be looking at the Tiger as a possible replacement.

Neil

Really sorry to hear about the Tiger :frowning: What a terrible thing to happen :frowning:

As a Triumph (Street Triple 675) owner (2007 model), I’ve enjoyed reading about your bike on this thread and the updates. Have often thought about a Tiger, but not sure if it would be too big?

Good luck with the insurance and do hope you get a big enough rebate and a quick payout to pick up a new Tiger - SOON

Hels

Sad to hear about your Tiger - that van must have properly whacked it!

Hope the insurance pays out without too much difficulty.

Tiger 1200 sounds promising, and I’m keen to check out. My 800xc has been great - only niggle is it pumps out heat in hot weather (a bit unlikely in UK for most of the time :wink: )

Sorry to hear about that mate.

At least you got a good reason to look at the 1200 now. My Tiger’s got 65000 on the clock now and I still can’t think of anything I’d rather have.

Hope you’re back on two wheels soon.

Well I am back on two wheels.

Got my Insurance cheque and had a moment of madness!

Just getting used to the thing, not too sure on the amount of grip I have yet, and the engine is stonkingly good - well fuelled (much better than the tigger). Some may bemoan the lights, but after getting used to them I think they have really taken the bike on. Its a bit cramped compared to the Tiger and TOTALLY impractical, but what the hell, you only live once!

Shes lovely!

:Wow::slight_smile:

nice bike

Haha! This is a proper silly bike, throttle up in 2nd and close the throttle bodies and you are greeted with the mother of all BANG!'s

Simply roll off at any speed and it pops, grumbles and spits fire out the back…

Its silly fast! Its a bit cramped riding around on it for 5 hours a day, wrists are aching, feet are aching, neck is struggling upwards of *cough 70 MPH :wink:

Holy **** I can see my licence going in a few days…

Happy days :slight_smile:

Hey mate, they are great bikes, we have the speed r now in as our demo :wink:
I’m a sprint man myself, bloody lovely machines, and now a tiger 800 as an addition too :slight_smile: