This Is Important !!!

God (in a non religious sense) I do love these threads…

1 - There’s no building or planning application submitted to the council
2 - The proposed Mosque would be funded from the community NOT public money
3 - How can the money used for this Mosque be used to solve the NHS etc? It’s private money.

I think that all new buildings in the UK should be stopped and the money used to solve all those other problems we have and buy more baby incubators.

I’m going down to the Cathedral in St Albans tonight to protest at the £1million (private money from donators) being spent on it to save the building from collapse because we need more cardiac beds in the hospital.

How is the proposed building any different from the public subscription buildings we used to put up in the day? I come from good old Welsh stock and up in the valleys where there was no public money the minors used to take a little from their pay every month and put it into a fund to build work-mans halls, and church halls and the like… I don’t see what the difference is between that and the Mosque… you must remember that a Mosque isn’t just a ‘church’ in the traditional sense… it’s a centre of learning, of education and community, and a community centre that educates inclusionment rather than extremist views must be a good thing?

PS - I’m willing to donate private money to a Yoda statue.

3 - How can the money used for this Mosque be used to solve the NHS etc? It’s private money.

They can pray for everyone to get better.

Good idea!

Hey John - you’re a celt too - how do you feel about all these bloody French coming over here, taking our jobs, eating our food and refusing to buy us baby incubators… bloody saxons.

Yours is better…

I come from good old Welsh stock and up in the valleys where there was no public money the minors used to take a little from their pay every month and put it into a fund

Bring back child labour. That’s what built this nation of ours.

Or did you mean miners? Either way the comment about building this nation still stands.

Child labour and the good ol’ British slave trade…When Liverpudlians wear Afro wigs, are they trying to be ironic or insulting…May that’s there form of an apology

no I meant child labour… dear Lord, someone needs to do something about education in this country, no-one can spell or anything… if it wasn’t for these bloody Saxons coming over here etc etc etc…

Matt - Coming over here with their vowels!

Afro - If you want it done right, get the slaves in (not to mention cheap). The Egyptians knew it, the ancient Greeks, the Romans. European high society has always had a hard-on for the “classical” world so we shouldn’t be surprised.

All together now…

We built this city, duh der duh,
We built this city on the death, blood and misery of thousand upon thousand of paid and unpaid labour.

Not quite as catchy as Starship’s original.

An interesting thread.

What I want to see is a proper government in place that actually listens to what the public want and need.

I mean I go to Spain - No Grafitti, No Litter and a rail system with Music and Air Con

I go to Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - I get around in taxis covering 5 - 10 miles and pay no more than a couple of pound; a three course meal for a tenner and a Hospital that is pretty well run from what I saw!

I go to the States - again Air Con on the Underground; no Rubbish and Food a plenty.

And just back from France - blimey, their Historic places are well cared for; Traffic on the Autoroutes minimal.

None of the places I visited above had child gangs on street corners; or killing each other because of boredom. Did not visit hospitals so cannot comment.

What the hell is this country becoming if not a third world type place to live! We cannot even look after our own and we spend a fortune overseas not to mention the holidays and trips MP’s/ Royals etc take - I mean get a tent and a bike 'tis all you need!!

Next you will be telling me they are taking “Gullable” out of the dictionary

ok i vote for this statue of Yoda

all those in favor say I

i

Ahh, wise in the ways of the force this one!

I.

Done !!! I would rather have a prision on my doorstep …

you know what FVCK the petition ill do a full protest if need be and im serious… we cant let this happen when the NHS is screwed and there is so much other things to help with.

Why don’t we make one at BM, erect in next to the Golden Hinde and see if anyone notices…

paper mache anyone

um Stewboy… this is from PRIVATE money not PUBLIC money… it’s not our tax dollars at work… it’s peoples PERSONAL donations and business money…

erm whats a mosque???

well said!!

in that case my bike needs a service and thats costing loads so give me money lol

its short for mosquito