This Is Important !!!

Don’t know if you have heard about this but Ken Livingstone is apparently planning to use tax payer’s money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated £100M in the docklands.

Sorry but this is scare mongering ********, Ken Livingstone is not planning to pay for it, tax payers money is not involved it is planned that it will be paid for entirely by the community who wold use it.

Now there are reasons to consider whether a building that is capable of housing several thousand people in Londo should be considered but I didn’t see a petition against the Emirates or Wembley and I doubt we will see one against Chelski’s new stadium

The bigotry on here is not an under current it’s a shameful in your face bigotry that should be reserved for your BNP facist meetings

FWIW I am not a Moslem, I am not a Christian I am an aethiest and Humanist

“The bigotry on here is not an under current it’s a shameful in your face bigotry that should be reserved for your BNP facist meetings”

It is really bad at the moment, I’m embarrassed to be a member sometimes.

I feel a splinter group forming.

K.E.B.A.B.

Kill Evil Bigotry Among Bikers

Also celebrates some of that “foreign muck” that we have taken to our stomachs in a heart-warming gesture of internationalism.

I think it’s good to see people standing up for their way of life. CofE may not mean much to some people in the religious sense but it means a lot to people when it describes a way of life. We may not be Catholics, Hindu or Jews but we have pretty much co-existed with them for years because we each respect the other.

This mutual respect is not evident from some groups in society and they seem to want to impose their will and their way of life on others.

This isn’t bigotry or racism, it’s about protecting what we have worked for, what we like, protecting what we are and what our families have helped shape and create.

Nothing to do with the BNP or any other extreme party, black or white or muslim or christian, just some people don’t want to respect others and if that’s the way they want it then there’s no place for them here.

The petition is probably stirred up to create a problem where one didn’t exist in this particular case (because of fear ? ) but the principle is the same.

Phew, and now for some coffee

Hear hear!!!

i am not a biggot…nor a racist…

IM BRITISH.

AND PROUD OF IT.

IVE GOT THE RIGHT TO BE ABLE TO SAY THAT.

IF THATS A BAD THING…THEN I COULD’NT GIVE TWO …TS.

smiled.

Bigotry because we don’t want another mosque in London when the money could be put to better use elsewhere? I don’t buy for a minute that the local community would pay for this, how would they come up with 100 million? Hold a car boot sale?

Always best to check facts really though.

The public hasn’t funded a place of worship since St. Paul’s Was built.

The idea itself that people are objecting to isn’t racist. The remarks and the way it’s presented (really not just on this thread) are really narrow minded.

Also seems to be a huge amount forgetting that to be British is to be from immigrant stock 90% of the time, most people here will be French descendant. When do People pass the test to your level, born here, second generation? when?

“This mutual respect is not evident from some groups in society and they seem to want to impose their will and their way of life on others.”

BELIEVING HYPE KLAXXON

You forgot to add the words “tiny minority” - as there are in every faith, evangelicals, KKK - how big a list do you want? Would there be this same venom and hatred in the posts if it was a Jewish Temple? That may just be lack of articulation, but it’s how it comes across.

BORING

Been there, know its bollox, wish people would think before jerking the old knees…

To be honest this country has never been that relaxed about other religions.

You still see evidence of this in the sectarian views held by many people in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

It’s not that long ago that Dr Ian Paisley heckled Pope John Paul II while he addressed the European Parliament saying “I renounce you as the Antichrist” - Ian Paisley to Pope John Paul II, it was 1988…how balanced is that?

I can’t see why anyone believes that a building going up is going to take away their identity.

How are “they” going to pay for it? Well, the amount “we” pi$$ up the wall down the boozer every weekend would easily build a mile high statue of Britannia. The Celt in me makes me unsure whether to allow those Johnny come lately Anglo-Saxons to contribute though.

Joking aside, this site was bought something like 15-20 years ago and has been gradually cleaned up from being a dangerous, industrial wasteland. It really puts to shame the neglect of a beautiful Victorian pumping station which is falling apart on a neighbouring plot.

Tobi - I was one of the 400,000 people who put Jedi as their religion in the 2001 census. That’s more than the number of people who identified themselves as being Sikh.

If we have a whip round we could build a tribute to Yoda.

petition signed, should sort out the homeless and other problems b4 building a mosque!

Yes, with all the public money they’re using…

Sort out the homeless? I agree with this guy…

All the money they get from speeding fines, parking fines and generally high taxes!!

er so do we really have a huge forum who thinks this is going to actually happen?

Oh and by the way…it ISN’T racist to not want Muslims to have a Mosque, it’s religionist. Being Islamic isn’t a race, its a self-delusional choice. (I hate all religions by the way, but that’s another rant for later )

The problem people have with this “totally imaginary” scenario is the lack of respect for traditional English values.

Right now this is probably one of the MOST IMPORTANT discussions our country needs to have because its coming to a lot of people’s attentions that immigration is having a radical impact here.

Look at bike couriering for example…its not that British citizens/residents don’t want the jobs, we just know that in this country, unless we want to live below the poverty line, the wages the immigrants are prepared to accept WON’T support you…

The only reason it supports them is that they accept living in really bad poverty for a year so they can send all the money back to their home countries where that money is the equivalent of 5 years wages…

And before anyone says this is racist or xenophobic, there are 7 Polish guys living in the one bedroom flat opposite me and I’ve talked about this with them…they told me this. None of them pay council tax, none of them are registered, they all get free NHS care, and they couldn’t give two monkeys about this country…and I’m NOT picking on the Poles, I only mentioned them, cos two of them work as couriers for £250 a week…here that’s a PITTANCE in Poland they reckon that’s a lot of loot…

So NO, being pissed off about immigration ISN’T racist, its high time this discussion was had seriously BUT NOT BY PETITIONING AN IMAGINARY MOSQUE!

Yeah, but what about the Yoda statue idea?

Once more…

NONE OF IT IS PUBLIC MONEY. It’s all private investment.

im up for a Yoda statue

all hail lord Yoda all hail lord Yoda

Yaaawwwnnnnnn, didnt we do this one a few weeks ago?