The Weekly LB Meet at The Bike Shed!

The new Wednesday Night Meet is at… [Drum roll…]

The Bike Shed!

After 14 yrs of meets at Borough Market times for a relocation (mainly due to ULEZ and the council paving out the area).

We meet after work on Wednesdays and park in the arches within the venue. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

5 Likes

If creating new posts was an Olympic event Pan would be representing LB, we’ll not disqualify him for the schoolboy error, maybe he got a little excited after the drum roll :wink:

The Bike Shed!

*edit - I see the edit button is still working!

3 Likes

Creating new posts were part of the Olympics in ancient Greece. Threadagoras was the most popular, followed by Postides.

4 Likes

They had to be careful though, no one wanted to be associated with Spamerion

1 Like

Is this where we point out bike shed will be in the ulez from October.
Though it might just be me that keeps trying to go there on an old bike

3 Likes

and the Roman Repostius

1 Like

hmmm good idea flagging that!

Oh god, really? Jeez, can we catch a break please?

In October it expands to the north/South circular.

I do have a bike that can go in (the sv), and non compliant bikes are getting fairly rare in London I think

I suggest we move it to the Dunstable Downs… not quite as “central” but it’ll be a while before it’s in the ULEZ :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The A406 North Circular itself is not included so one of the closest places outside the new zone is Ace Cafe.

2 Likes

Nice place to drink “old engine oil”

Shame The Log Cabin on Leyton Flats now falls inside the A406, just by 750 yards but inside it is. Half a century ago back in the day of the NCNR ton up boys when Beacontree Avenue was part of the North Circular Road it was on the A406, although now declassified as the A114 it will still take you to the Woolwich Free Ferry via other declassified sections (A116 & A117) of the Big C.

Hey everybody! I’ve just got here but I’m not quite sure where you are. Please DM me if you happen to see this whilst I’m still here!

That’s not how Hide & Seek works…

2 Likes

Sorry none of us checked this thread when we was there. Hopefully catch you another time.

I’ve just picked up this beauty….:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Wonder if it will make it to all the way to the Bike Shed?

2 Likes

Nothing to do on a Saturday evening so rather than hitting the twisties, I decided to make my first visit to the bike shed. Really decent spot, decent atmosphere, just the ride in is horrible.

Can’t believe I did that ride daily and through rush hour traffic, people up your bum and cutting you up, I definitely don’t miss that.

5 Likes

Makes sense now I popped to Borough last week to noone around. Bike shed suits me its 3 mins from mine.

1 Like