The Site.

What if this is javascript?

R

There was a lot to be said for the old software. You had to log in to see most things and you could see who was on what. Now most people are on aonymously - that is what has diminished the sense of community

We’re all fucked. Who chose the language based on .NET framework? It’s like deliberately picking the buggiest piece of **** imaginable…

Agreed. Maybe leave this version, but lock it, so it can be searched still, but just put in some proper forum software, please! :slight_smile:

I use this forum a lot less than I do others that work. Surely new folk are rather put off by it’s lack of basic functionality too? This means less ad money coming in, so I would imagine it would be better financially to get it working properly?

Also, EvilB, didn’t you say you found an upgrade that would fix some of the issues for this forum type?

That wasn’t even an upgrade, it was a bug in one of dll’s so then on mobile devices it looks… not pleasant (I would say **** or crap but I’m new me, nice me). So worst case scenario is 2 min downtime for replacement of faulty library (with easy enough roll-back option by saving the original file). Bear in mind that I found it digging in sources of the page and google, it will be much easier if I know exact version of software which is running…

But it would be such a fresh breath to see some software underneath which is compatible with something like tapatalk or forumrunner. Just decision must be wise and swift. I’m sure people won’t leave because of making things better. Integrating forum into the webpage is another challenge but it is not impossible.

Don’t want to start another “storm in the glass of water”. (suggestion time) Me think that people who own/found should meet with other people who care as much as them, there is plenty of us, and maybe together we might resolve those issues (technical one, at the moment I’m not long enough to have opinion related to site politics).

R

If you have details of an actual fix that can be applied to the existing site, which will improve people’s usage of the forum in the short term, drop me a PM and I’ll evaluate it. I can apply urgent fixes to the existing site as required - what I can’t do is magically fix all the problems or replace the site with something else, but tweaks here and there can still be carried out.

-simon

As long as they are NOT working only on mickey mouse fire fox, I vote for that, may help but I’m “loaded” so eventually I would charge some fee, but Szymon as philanthropist have my blessing :P, and help every now and then.

R

I’ve been meaning to post here again since I moved back to London in March. I’m not put off so much by a lack of functionality (it’s a forum, there’s not much functionality to get right) as I am by the fact that it makes my eyes hurt. I’m no designer so I can’t actually help there, but if anyone’s looking for something to do a new stylesheet that uses any colour other than white would probably not go amiss.

Hear hear

I vote for ‘post it’ notes stuck up in certain places in town, then at least we’d have to get off our lovely arses to go see what people are saying.

I know the guys in “head office” have tried hard to keep things going and its not like they get many thank you emails. Since i have joined a few years back now 1 thing really stands out. There is a real im a good rider, hes a bad rider, hes to fast shes to slow fucking thing going on. what happened to all getting together and just going out for a blast. What happened to pulling someone over for being a T**t and just saying to them STOP BEING A FUCKING TWAT!!!

Now people stand around and bitch then they are all smiles to people faces this includes some of the moderators which i think shows a massive level of immaturity. ESP considering we all go through the same stuff, when your in your first year or 2 of riding you are massively dangerous and often on a machine that far out matches your skill and yet your welcomed along to LB and your educated and learn through people around you. We don’t fucking bitch and say arh another newbie holding us up, or braking in corners etc.

I think people are scarred off with other people bullshit and i for 1 and fucking sick of it. I love this forum and i love how many good mates its bought me over the years, but at the moment we don’t stand together and we don’t just all hang out. Some of us love touring, other street fighter, some litre sport bikes and racing but we all got together and hung out!

Newbies are not always made to feel welcome, and if they get chatting i have openly heard some Wankers on here say avoid him or her, some people who have been members here for years. I think thats what is keeping new people away and driving old members to stay away.

Well said Rixxy.

“Let him without sin cast the first stone”, blah blah blah! I think it’s an unpleasant part of human nature to be derogatory about someone you don’t know/feel unsafe around and I for one am guilty of this. I also think it’s being a bit unsure of people/not wanting to upset a stranger as to confronting them direct, if it’s someone you know then you would tell them to their face! I hope someone would to me because I ride like a twat most of the time, I didn’t buy a bike because I’m the patient/calm type!

The loss of belonging is a complex one though, when was the last time there was a LONDONBIKERS rideout somewhere? Rideouts are organised by individuals and that is what both brings us all together and can also contribute to losing touch with the LB brand. I think what’s needed is a big LB rideout organised (by the mods!) once a month, get the banner out, get some cheap Tee’s pinted up, invest some time and money in your members, as opposed to just sitting back and expecting them to earn you! Anything so that people can identify that we are LONDONBIKERS! Do a charity run, support PJ at one of his races, anything as long as it’s organised by the mods! Does that make sense? Another good place to start would be newbie night (I’ve been told that this is now in hand so time will tell!), only too often new members attend and are then left to their own devices as the more established members go off in their cliques. You need someone with a bit of a personality to make people feel welcome and keep the atmosphere lively, a float so drinks can be brought for new members, it’s no good saying come to a meet and then it’s as boring as **** and nobody talks to anyone new!

Anyhow I’ve ranted enough so I’m off, I eagerly await the inevitable backlash! Ta ta for now!

“I ride like a twat most of the time”
Quote of the week I reckon :D:D:D

Much of what you say makes sense, there does seem to be an awful lot of bitching these days.

Anyone on this thread want to look back at what they said?

Vern Newbie night is all yours, crack on :slight_smile:

Now where did that LB banner go???

Rixy & Vern…to your posts - LOOK IN THE MIRROR :slight_smile:

Anyone on this thread want to say something constructive or shut the **** up?

Also TDJ, thanks but no thanks! Nothing more than offering my opinion, take it or leave it!

Nope,
but I’ll add that if Andrew and Patrick would like to take donations to pay for the software and have features like tapatalk enabled, then I’ll throw in £50.

Were you not the rideout in memory of Pimlico Pilot? That was a LB event organised by the mods. A community pulled together for that one. One problem is that someone has to step up and organise, and often as not when they do, there is too little response so they are put off for next time. It needs a big event people can get behind, even when they have no money , no job or no time.