The daily chit chat

Can’t stand the stuff!

1 Like

You guys are uncouth heathens!

Okay, now I want one @me_groovy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrDSctMrSrB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Only because someone on IG says they’re good?

No, because I can see how good it looks good there.
I’m shallow.

Went to the last Peterborough bike show today. Was pretty good, weather was lovely. No bikes from Ducati at all, the only stall was their owners club.

Bought a couple of bits for the cave like a tool tray for my Abba stand. Sat on some new bikes, This year’s tracer feels really nice. Also popped my head in the door of the silverstone auction as it was going on, that was interesting.

1 Like

Was there Friday to Sunday on the IBA club stand promoting the RBLR 1000 and other rides, the 250 was on show too centre stage.

I understand your not interested such rides but maybe, just maybe, one day, you’ll have a motorcycle in your stable capable of clocking up a 1,000 miles :wink:

4 Likes

Excellent

Went to the Bicester Flywheel Festival today. Met Allen Millyard.

4 Likes

Managed a 45 minute ride this afternoon, first time in 9 months I’ve ridden more than 15 minutes

6 Likes

2 Likes

You’ll be up to a SS1000 before you know it

Fitted an Evotech Performance lower radiator guard to the Panigale V2 today, as I noticed some of the fins were looking quite damaged from track riding. I repaired what I could, but I was still a bit worried about a potential hole, so went for a test-ride and all looked good. The guard should keep things as they are for now. Should have fitted this on day one.

Cost about £60.

Good job.

That’s what radiator fins do, they bend and buckle at the slightest touch and even a squashed insect is enough to deform them. A proper job service schedule should include ‘Check the cooling system’ which means that as well as: inspecting the radiator coolant level, condition and flow; radiator hoses and clamps; the radiator fins should be cleared of any road fling and insects and any bent fins straightened.

Note - The radiator fins do not carry water, they just radiate heat away from the tubes that connect the upper and lower reservoir tanks of the radiator.

1 Like

If I’m counting right, I’m now down to 7 bikes. Sold my white vfr 750 yesterday. First time I’ve not owned one since 2011.

2 Likes

Sacre Bleu!

Have you seen this guy and his VFR800 build? I love it. I wanted to do a similar build years ago, but I didn’t have any idea of how to go about it :slight_smile:

[quote=“Jay, post:340, topic:113193”]
I wanted to do a similar build years ago, but I didn’t have deep enough pockets [/quote]

fixed it for you

2 Likes

Roadworks and traffic are a nightmare out there at the minute, took much longer than planned to get to and from Clacton

1 Like