Smiled's bike stolen...again....

a very sharp chisel and a hammer would probably crack the yoke wouldn’t it? and this is how they get past the steering lock?

Was a proper smash and grab job!

Some important lessons learnt there, Shane. With a bike like yours you should at very least have a disk lock, wheeling a bike away is very easy, you might as well leave your wallet on the floor with £8k cash in it if you don’t immobilise it in any way.

Sorry to hear this and glad to hear you still have your bike, albeit a bit worse for wear. If I saw someone wheeling my bike away I think I would have developed Usain Bolt’s sprinting abilities to get them and teach them an important lesson, or get shot/stabbed trying :crazy:

Very sorry to hear your news, I am sure LB will get you up and running soon, you seem to of touched so many people in the past that they are queueing up to help.
Well done all

Shane so sorry to hear this, but, glad you’ve still got the bike…can’t believe they were so blatant

I’ve just caught up with this just now and I’m so gutted for you mate, but I’m sure still having your bike is better than not having one at all.

Unless anyones had a bike that’s been nicked you never fully appreciate the extent of the emotions you go through.

I will NEVER leave my bike without a disc lock on and I think it’s safe to say I will NEVER own a desirable bike in London ever again. It’s incredibly tempting but I’d rather the bastards dont get their hands on another bike.

And as for Greenwich it is a major hot spot for bike theft, dosn’t matter what time of day or how many people are around. And the police/justice system??? I don’t care what anyone says but they are all SHT!! (Except for the ones on here of course) I’ll say it again, no one even came out for my bike at the time of it happening or after, but they came round for my flatmates smashed car window when nothing was taken??? Priks! Sorry but hit a massive nerve, and I hate hearing about all this!

Dude, this probably means very little right now in the grand scheme of things, but, you still have your bike, you’ve got a wonderful loving family I am sure and you have many friends on/in this community. At the end of the day it is just a hunk of platic and metal, albeit an expensive one - you weren’t harmed in any physical way - that’s the great news.

Re the waste of human organs whom attempted to take your ride, well, chances are they have a shit life, no prospects whatsoever, no family support and love, will probably get stabbed or shot at some point in their lives and, ultimately, are not worth a moment more of yours or anyone elses time - they WILL get their come upence.

Again, these words may not mean much right now but I am a total believer in karma - they will get theirs, one way or another. :wink:

No they wont cos they keep getting away with it!! I would like to think that right now but actually they are the ones laughing else they wouldn’t be so brazen! :angry:

the point they are hammering yokes to bits and wheeling a bike off in broad daylight is the day

• the know the police arn’t interested
  • if they get caught you can’t beat 10 bales out of them else you will be in trouble and you have a job/record to protect

they just don’t care, there is no consequences to stop them having a go

******* teen ****, will go through life taking off of people.

People should have a licence to make kids.

Can’t believe this. The bastards should have their fingers broken.

good news is i am on my way now to collect a yoke and footrests

that top yoke breaking like that is actually scary.

Crap news hun. This happens all to often and the little scrotes get away with it. Hopefully, what goes around, comes around, and someone will do the same to them one day.

Hope you get the bike sorted soon hinny x

**** me, the ammount of stories I hear about bikes being knicked around that area is a total joke.

Sorry Bikergirl, you’ve missed my point. They might be laughing t the moment but they won’t be in the future esp when their time comes.

What bike is it? To be honest, I gave up on replacing the yoke on my last bike, it had 4 attempted thefts where it was broken.

I guess we want to enjoy our bikes and relax when we go out so constantly having to worry really takes the shine off it and that’s what p***** me off!!! I have a front disk lock with an alarm on it, datatagging, immobiliser and alarm and I still worry about it.

BABT!!!

SVD!!!

Sorry to hear you’re not ‘crying wolf’ this time, but at least they didn’t *actually * steal it.

You have to keep this one! :slight_smile: