****Smiled****

OK then, £7.44.

Who is ‘we’?

us

Depends…LB’s database holds ~16,000 individual records.
Are 16,000 sets of personal information worth much?

The short answer is yes.
The long answer is **** yes.

What? You mean anyone of ‘us’ who could leave the site and it wouldn’t make a difference?
Despite their importance, the site isn’t owned by it’s members.
Let me rephrase my offer, I’ll give ‘the owner’ 10€/ a couple of cans of spicy sardines.

That’s a good point young padawan, I hadn’t thought of that.
But you should also know that a website’s value is not only based on the personal information it’s database holds (much of which will be hopelessly outdated). Actually, after having checked the value of the site online, it is more than 10€, although it pales in comparison to competitors.
I maintain that it would have been worth more in the past.

[quote]
mightlife (12/01/2013)

What? You mean anyone of ‘us’ who could leave the site and it wouldn’t make a difference?
Despite their importance, the site isn’t owned by it’s members.
Let me rephrase my offer, I’ll give ‘the owner’ 10€/ a couple of cans of spicy sardines.

The ‘us’ as in ‘we’ !

Most be worth something as seems to be about making money in the sense that the adult section was taken down due to google getting there gigantic knickers in a twist and going to stop google ad sense which surely you could run without as you have your own sponsors and get given free gear that could be sold off to run site…

Just saying…

LB doesn’t make a profit to the scale people think it might. Like R6ers.co.uk, the site fees are just covered by the advertising.
for 6months of the year it might break even, the other months the owners dig into their pockets or take from the small ‘rainy day pot’

Lets stop kicking everyone who provides a free space for us LBers to use

Maybe we will find out who the supposed ‘big investor’ is and how much he’s going to buy lb for .
But I guess the owners will say its non of our business and they can do what they want with it.
Whatever the plans are its been enough to make a long standing member and moderator walk away from it.

Anyway folks check out ’ biker biker’ on face book and say hello to smiled

(Think I might get in trouble for this?)

Yep I’m hearing this on the grapevine too.:w00t:

Allegedly LB is being sold and 15% is Shane’s share, what the future holds for LB is anybody’s guess.:w00t:

Does answer a few questions I’ve been asking myself that’s for sure.:smiley:

So, the teas are on Shame then :smiley:

No John you won’t get into trouble,

It wouldn’t be fair to people, least of all to Shane, to talk about his reasons for leaving the admin team.

I know that leaves things wide open for speculation but this is the internet and that’s just how it is…

Personally speaking I am very sad Shane decided to leave and disappointed with how others are viewing his possible reasons for it but as I won’t enter into a public debate as to his reasons it’s likely that people will take a certain view when they only have one side. No matter what I say here, or elsewhere, some of you will always take a certain line. More people will realise that there are 2 sides to every story though and if there’s things to know about then they’ll find out at some point. The truth will out as they say.

All I will say is that we (Andrew, PJ and I) didn’t want him to go. We tried very hard to get him to change his mind because first and foremost he is (and still is) a friend. As you can see from his post on here he he didn’t change his mind.

I’m pleased that he’s got a new burst of enthusiasm and is setting about doing the things he long spoke of doing with LB. Hopefully he’ll be successful with the page and the website and I wish him a heartfelt good luck with it. There’s a summer of biking ahead and there’s plenty of space on the road for all sorts of groups. Londonbikers has always been a diverse and welcoming community and I’m sure he’ll take that to the new site he (and others) are creating.

As for what the owners would say? Well for me I’d say ask say ask Shane as he still ‘owns’a stake in the website - some of you already have.

Patrick, i think the members and I would like to know…is the site being sold?

Will his 15% share be up for sale or are you keeping it ?

Maybe you should ask Shane if he wants to sell them?

The site isn’t being sold.

As you’ve known since you started helping us out Rob we are looking at ways to fund a new website and resolve the technical issues that the website is plagued with. The same technical problems that, in part, led you to step away from helping us out.

Thank you Patrick.

So the plot thickens, on one side we have it is and on the other it isn’t:w00t:

There’s no plot only 2 sides to a story.

One constant remains. The people who run this site want the best for it and know only to well it’s needs and care for it deeply.

We’ll always take knocks and suffer harsh words but we still remain.

I’ll start the bidding…A cup of tea and a bacon sarnie. Brown sauce. :smiley:

Why not issue 100 1% shares for £100 each - would raise 10k for the site development - and all shareholders would have equal say on any future sale (or not). Would mean LB is gauranteed it’s independence and would mean money available for the IT work.

(Have made up numbers - but you get the drift.)

Saying that - I assume current owners have sunk in cost / time and would want some return for that…so maybe they retain bigger shares?

Just floating an idea…

All I can say is a minority equity member has moved on, management remain with a plan and their dedication to support what is a free site to the members should not go unrecognised. I like the LB people I have meet to date it seems a great community of people and the site helps the community evolve and keep in touch. I for one and I am sure there are a few others would be happy to consider an investment in the site if it helped support the clearly difficult issues its facing. These sites are never a get rich quick scheme they are bordering on a public service. Anyway thank you to the faceless people who keep the site ticking over :slight_smile:

BTW I have no idea who is the management or any connection just want to say thanks for the great site :smiley: