Silverstone GP Monday 31st march Hottrax

I can always change if you like? :wink:

Please don’t LOL

For those that have not done Silverstone GP, here’s a bit of footage of me following a friend for a lap. might give you an idea at least of where the track goes! (excuse the rev limiter in a couple of places :hehe: )This was a couple of years ago now:

http://media.putfile.com/Coxy-does-Silverstone And here’s some of the main straight showing what liberty’s you can take on the brakes… i’m on my old Orange old ZX6 coming out from the chicane last onto the straight…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu_c0sK5_nQ:smiley:

Coxy on his old orange Z,good footage

That thing wallowed through the corners but had some grunt :w00t: on the straights!

for anyone that hasnt booked…

TOO LATE AS IT’S NOW FULL IN ALL GROUPS (according to thier website)

Anyone still interested may benefit from the " reserve list " on the website :wink:

If a spot comes up in inters or somebody drops out, let me know. I should have just booked it ages ago but needed to suss out my new job first!

Don’t worry…I’m sure another day at Silverstone will be on the cards soonish :wink:

well i have at last bought a three bike trailer so will be arriving with all three bikes and going to have a bit of fun on each of them but as I say the priority will be the 7r…thats what I will be using mostly…

Have a good one twostrokes…Be good to see some pics of you out on track on the new bike :slight_smile:

oooh, what’s up your sleeve :smiley:

yes spill the beans afro…we should have a proper LB day just for us with full tuition and everything…thats would be cool…

Seems like Jay was listening mate as he’s just announced the LB track day

i’m booked already…

I thought it was worth mentioning that apparently Silverstone are getting hot on noise testing, so make sure if you have an overly loud race can that you take a baffle with you.

just thought i’d post up that theres a fair few of us staying at the travel lodge in Towcester about a mile away, i’ve just booked a room for £19 :smiley:

hey what time you all getting there…might try to make it up instead of doing the monday morning thing…my bikes all have baffles so thanks for heads up as the 7r doesnt have them fitted but it isnt that noisy to be honest…well guess we will see…

having only ever done the indy circuit the once at brands is the silverstone gp circuit good news…what will be the best bike for it a litre or 750…or dont it matter…

personally i think you should just stick with using one bike and concerntrate on getting that right rather than going out on different bikes, it might be nice that you have that option but different bikes, different tyres, different powers etc, you are never going to get into a rythm if you keep chopping and changing bikes.

Besides didn’t you get the 7R for doing trackdays? why don’t you take just that, get someone there to take a look and set up the suspension… got that working as best you can and go out there and enjoy the day!

will aim to be there by 7

depends who’s riding 'em :wink:

wont make much odds which bike mate - its a big wide track with two straights, so in theory it suits bigger bikes. its obviously a lot longer than brands indy - working out your lines/braking markers/where the track even goes is prob more important than seeing a big number on your speedo :wink:

jonesy is likely to kick my r1 ass on his gix600 :smiley: