should borough market be scrapped

Not sure if its been said already, but a good few BM regulars were at Silverstone yesterday doing CSS … and I for one was planning to go to BM, but too whacked after all that.

I doubt we’d have packed out BM, but might have made a difference.

Part of the pleasure is just knowing there’s a regular place its almost guaranteed to meet some other LBers etc. Sometimes its empty, sometimes its heaving - partly just luck of the draw.

And getting to BM is a real pain in the arse, but at least its an equal pain for almost anyone who doesn’t live around the corner :hehe:

I’m looking forward to checking out this Tea Hut, though suspect that’ll be even trickier to get to from Hammersmith on a Wednesday :blink:

PS - need to do another H-Cafe (Oxford) ride from Ace with Geoff B one of these Mondays…

Well hopefully see a load of you there next week - will be able to go for the first time in years due to living abroad etc etc and have been looking forward to catching up with Lbers old and new.

I am with Bluestar on this one,

BM is the Home of LB. Its like The Den is the home of the mighty Millwall. We would never ground share with West Ham.

What I am trying to say is BM is old skool LB. Its LB territory and every one knows it. Fook the Tea Hut you lot only like it cause your up there dogging really :hehe:. Seems to me there has started to be a divide in here. Teahut Lot and the BM lot…What happend to the LONDON BIKER LOT?

BM is the home for the REAL LBer’s

Peace from the South East. Moto-KING

The parking issue puts me off going to BMM sometimes.

I nominate Boxhill! :w00t:

Boxhill WTF its not even in London. Get with the game? FFS.

Where they dig you up from? :P:D:hehe:

I favour the Ace over BMM, love popping down BMM from time to time, catch up with some old faces.

Personally I’d love to see BMM meet moved to somewhere else, as its not that biker friendly.

Aint been to Blackheath for yonks, bit of a sh*t journey, but must make the effort one day, you get some charcters there :smiley:

You ever turn up at BMM? Can’t say I’ve met you. What happened with your boxing fight then?

Yeah been BM loads charlie boy.Was there tonight me old fred flintstone look-a-like. Boxing fight? I think you have got your parties muddled up Raquib. I would’t fight anyone I am a man of peace and love. :cool:

Peace Out.

You talk a load of b0llocks! There’s always been a divide. Every thread put up saying who’s going bm you’ll see a post saying “nah I’m going to the ace”

Now theres the tea hut added to that list of options it’s not just happened over night.

Your having a laugh aren’t you?

No Kevstar I am not. Everyone knows it’s getting like the mods and the rockers on here

Oh and everyone knows millwall will win the league next year.

Funny that the den has been mentioned as a die hard you would know more than most its actually the new den bit like bmm being the home of lbb when its the new cubana:)
im sure the thought police will be along in a min…lol .
Personally ace on a friday an heath on a wednesday suits
me when i can be bothered of course
saying that i think bmm is spot on for the beautiful ppl:D

Are you lot in the Championship League? I am currently hoping Norwich City don’t get finished off by Chelsea following recent promotion to the Premiership:D You never know, maybe Millwall might be up there in a year or two :P:D

We come up from League One to the Championship last season and nearly got in the playoffs at the first attempt. Kenny Jacket’s doing a great job :smiley:

Well there is hope then for you folks :smiley: :smiley: Norwich were doing very badly indeed until stealing the Colchester manager, Lambert, after losing 7 - nil in a nightmare game that saw people invading the pitch and tearing their season tickets up !! Poor Bryan Gunn was sacked and since then they’ve done brilliantly.

I feel sorry for Bryan Gunn though as he was an amazing goalie in his time until his leg injury. A bit like Dean Ashton who had loads of promise and then got injured and will never play again.

Maybe paths will cross with Millwall once again - although whenever I think of Millwall I think of Football Factory - not sure why!!

Anyway - back to BM - hmmm what do I think? BM had more people in the past years - particularly in summer - than now, but it’s good to have a choice of venues. The tea hut also gives the south Londoners a chance to meet closer to home. I don’t have strong opinions either way.

I agree with BlueStar as well. BM will always be LBs proper meet (on a Wends)

As we are LONDON bikers and many of us work in London BM is a good location to be able to pop by before going home for the evening.

only been to BM once since the little one, but there are always times of quietness when ppl have other things to do. it always picks up again!

also as mentioned why not arrange Tea hut on a different day, then ppl can attend both if they want?

Been really interested in this thread, been giving it quite a bit of thought too, in the interest of peace and harmony I cant see any reason why the meet at the tea hut cannot be moved so as not to conflict with BM.

Tuesdays would be good idea but I can only speak for myself on this, don’t know how other regulars up there would feel about it, sometimes when you think there is no answer to a problem their always is, the hard part is change, no one likes change, also to find common ground both parties have to bend a little.

I don’t know if I made any sense their but there it is.:w00t::smiley:

Wednesday has always been bike night for me as that ties in lovely with all I do. There will always be a meet on a Wednesday it just depends where you go.

For now I’m choosing blackheath over every meet going around London/England. This is not because I don’t like lb or bm it’s because I’d rather go there simple as.

Fair comment Barry:)

Seriously…i don’t understand the big problem here…

Keeping my LB Rep hat on for a second…i refuse to tell members were to park…keep the noise down and administer rules…its just not my thing to go and walk around like i’m some kind of twat dishing out rules and regs of a bike night when i’m supposed to be enjoying myself…I really don’t care if some posh git wants to wine and dine his mistress in the restaurant above or beside the meet in peace and quiet so telling anyone else is abit sour in my eyes.

LB rep hat off…The ride to BMM boils my piss…by the time i reach BMM i’m already hot and in a bad mood just from riding on the old Kent road which can turn someones shit white at times…when i get Borough Market…i have to dodge Civ pop hanging around outside the pubs (who don’t want us there) and then find a place to park…once ive squeezed into a spot I’ll wonder around the various groups of chit chat and then get asked a dozen times to move my bike so someone can get out.

Look, I wont take anything away from BMM, those who are near it or enjoy it can continue to go, and please…love it for what it is…a bike night…. ide like to stay at Blackheath …I’m having so much more fun and notice not paying £15. For a round of teas…plus there’s an added bonus as when the weather does turn to shit……most of those who go to Blackheath are never 15 mins away from home……if that aint a fking bonus then I don’t know what is…

We are London Bikers……we meet up around London……the most Diverse city on the planet…lets be diverse about this…….lets keep the ACE meets……lets keep BMM…lets keep Blackheath……there is always someone on a weds night at those three places……so you have an awesome pic of some brilliant locations….

This is my personal opinion………not an LB admin one.

Smiled.