Sell up or keep it?

Says you with that Fazer :slight_smile:

For those curious as to what I do, I’m a web developer so the IT industry here is booming - especially for contract work. I already put the feelers out to recruitment agents earlier this month so have people in place ready to go to work against my timelines. As far as contracting is concerned I could have a role starting next day or next month - it’s one of those things. 

But yes, since the bike isn’t unique what so ever I think she will go. It’s going to be another painful wait till March next year till I join the ranks again but l’ll be out every weekend until end of June! 

So… Who wants to buy her? :-D 

For those curious as to what I do, I'm a web developer so the IT industry here is booming - especially for contract work. I already put the feelers out to recruitment agents earlier this month so have people in place ready to go to work against my timelines. As far as contracting is concerned I could have a role starting next day or next month - it's one of those things. 

But yes, since the bike isn’t unique what so ever I think she will go. It’s going to be another painful wait till March next year till I join the ranks again but l’ll be out every weekend until end of June! 

JAX
Buy a bike in the cold months you tend to get a better deal
For those curious as to what I do, I'm a web developer so the IT industry here is booming - especially for contract work. I already put the feelers out to recruitment agents earlier this month so have people in place ready to go to work against my timelines. As far as contracting is concerned I could have a role starting next day or next month - it's one of those things. 

JAX
I'll give you a pack of biscuits for her (your choice on brand.)

Sell it when you need the money, don’t get into debt. You’re coming up to summer time so may even get a better price now that in the winter.

Can you not sell your expensive Prince tennis racquets and give up the country club membership instead :wink:

Says you with that Fazer :) Big Red S
that will be unique by the time I'm finished.

sold your CX yet?

But then look at what you could have.

Here’s a couple of my Blades

Marmablade
A bit of offtopic, but do cops pull you over because of the position/angle of the plate? Or is it legal to have it like that in uk?

Completely illegal, even more so as it was on a hinge and most of the time angled down so I had no plate at all

Completely illegal, even more so as it was on a hinge and most of the time angled down so I had no plate at all Marmablade
Ahh, too bad. It looks so much better like that.

Agreed

I like it - but only because I don’t think an average speed camera can pick up the plate :wink:

Says you with that Fazer :) Big Red S
that will be unique by the time I'm finished. me_groovy
I don't think it will... you have another 4 non working bikes...

I’d love to buy the bike off you. But my budget will be unlocked in commission season, so September.
Anyways, your next bike will be even more beautiful :slight_smile:

Unless I’m missing something, what’s stopping you from finding a job now and keeping the bike? You have plenty of time to land yourself a contract if you’re in IT. Alternatively - is cancelling the trip not an option? If you’re worried that you won’t find anything you can sell the bike AND cancel the trip and be loaded! :D

You’re not a PHP developer by any chance? I could have something for you. Might even have a frontend role in our company, need to find out about that. PM if you would be interested.

Eh…sell. go travelling enjoy yourself. Come back and buy a decent bike like an R6! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ditto!

That’s all London needs. Another generic R6 on the road :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'd love to buy the bike off you. But my budget will be unlocked in commission season, so September. Anyways, your next bike will be even more beautiful :) CBR500R commuter
Thanks buddy, would be good to get on a ride with you soon before she goes! 

I'm eyeing up the 2012 version of my current bike with a truck load of extras for next year ;-) 
Unless I'm missing something, what's stopping you from finding a job now and keeping the bike? You have plenty of time to land yourself a contract if you're in IT. Alternatively - is cancelling the trip not an option? If you're worried that you won't find anything you can sell the bike AND cancel the trip and be loaded! :D

You’re not a PHP developer by any chance? I could have something for you. Might even have a frontend role in our company, need to find out about that. PM if you would be interested.

Cypher
Nothing really, I can land a permanent role but here's the thing. I won't get paid until end of August thus leaving the question of, how can I survive for my trip in all of July and survive the month of August till I get paid - that's the dilemma. 

I'm a front end developer - mostly Javascript / React JS etc. Wanting to go contracting as the money is absolutely outstanding!