Sell up or keep it?

So… the big question - can I keep the bike or not. A few of you may know about this dilemma of mine. 

Late last month I got made redundant from my job, a week after purchasing my new love. Shit happens and that’s ok however I have a trip booked for all of July / August to travel over Europe - with no bike sadly.  

My redundancy ends on June 17th leaving 2 weeks available for maybe a European tour or at least some rides before travel starts. 

The thought process on this is two options: 

1. Sell the bike so I can stay afloat / go on this trip and have money to survive in August whilst securing another job. 

Note: My industry is very fast paced and shouldn’t have an issue locking in a hefty contract 

1. Keep the bike, get a £5k CC and throw the trip on that and I would have saved money to stay afloat for August. 

What’s the process around getting a CC / is that really a good idea given I’m not British. My bank ( Lloyds ) wouldn’t issue me a CC or a personal loan with no reason however they were happy to up my overdraft to however big I want it. 

I absolutely love my bike, it’s gorgeous and I smile every time pressing that ignition button. We all know the feeling but sometimes you have to make sacrifices…

If I have to sell it at least would have had a few months with it before parting ways. It wouldn’t be until March next year till I’d get another one plus I won’t ride much during the winter cause it’s absolutely horrible so that sways me to sell her.

Thoughts?

Sell it. Go on your travels and enjoy yourself. Then when you come back get a Fireblade on Finance!!!

Sell it. Go on your travels and enjoy yourself. Then when you come back get a Fireblade on Finance!!! Marmablade
Mate I would love to get a blade but the insurance for me clearly indicates that insurance companies don't want the business.

Seriously want this

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

lol.

My nephew pays more per month for the Insurance on his Focus ST than i pay for the Finance and Insurance on my Car + the Insurance on my KTM all together.

I asked him why on earth you would pay that much money for insurance per year and his answer was perfect “I get in the car and turn on the Ignition and hear it roar and the Money goes out my mind”

I currently pay £200 pm to have my CBR - quotes for a litre bike was £9k per year… No matter the joy I’d have to sell kidneys just to have it

But then look at what you could have.

Here’s a couple of my Blades

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.png

photo_upload.jpg

Or if you really wanted to get a sexy looking one

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

This is not helping the cause hahaha

lol

KEEP IT!

and look how easy they are to ride

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

I’ll look after the bike if you want :blush:

Sell it if you can ; the bike isn’t a one-off, so you’ll be able to get another one just like it (its not like you’ve painted it orange or anything). Go the CC/Loan route only if you have to really. What’s your industry of work?

lol

I currently pay £200 pm to have my CBR - quotes for a litre bike was £9k per year... No matter the joy I'd have to sell kidneys just to have it JAX
£200pm in insurance only? Yikes
I currently pay £200 pm to have my CBR - quotes for a litre bike was £9k per year... No matter the joy I'd have to sell kidneys just to have it JAX
£200pm in insurance only? Yikes Abzero
Shit, I thought that said per Year!!!!

Mine is only £96 for the whole year!!

Benefits of Being Almost 40 i suppose!!

I wish I knew what you guys meant by “CC”.  Surely not credit card?

I wish I knew what you guys meant by "CC".  Surely not credit card? Aceman
Yes credit card :-)