Ron Haslam Race School 3/6/2015

Sam, can you PM your bank details to me so I can send the deposit
Cheers

All done :slight_smile:

That’s 6 confirmed and deposits paid :slight_smile:

Sam, what happens in case of an accident? do we have to pay for the bike?

Nope…

Thats the best part, the Insurance waiver is all in on the Price, the only thing that happens in the event of an Accident is if the Bike is unsafe to carry on riding your Day is Over, If however the Bike is safe to carry on riding and you feel like you can go on then you just pick it up and carry on.

That was something that I was wondering about too. On the website, there is very little info’ (erm, none, in fact) about what’s covered by their insurance. There’s always that worry that if I bin the bike, I’m then going to get hit by a huge excess that I need to pay out.

I asked that Question when i was there last and they told me it was covered, If you wish i can get an Official comment from them to put minds at rest, but as a reference, The Chris Walker Race School charge £20 as a Waiver that you can either pay or run the risk, RHRS just put the waiver into their price so that you don’t have to worry about it.

This is taken from There FAQ section of the Site.

Frequently Asked Questions
What extra’s are included with each course?

All leathers, boots, gloves and helmets will be supplied (if required). Fully comprehensive insurance is provided, this also includes personal accident cover. Presentation of your certificate to remember your time with us. A souvenir, subject to availability, can be provided on the day for a nominal price.

That’s far from the most expansive explanation of what’s covered, and a hellova lot more importantly, what isn’t covered by my payment :rolleyes:. All the other track bike rentals that I’ve seen all include some sort of excess and I’m far too cynical to actually believe that I’m not going to be mugged somewhere along the lines…

I’ve got to give 'em a call in the new year anyway, so I’ll find out what the deal with the insurance is then :slight_smile:

Cool, No problem at all, I totally understand.

But… I’m 99.99% certain there is no Excess to pay as they never mentioned it when i asked, and i’m pretty sure they can’t just hit you with it in the event of an accident, But it won’t hurt for you to ask them to put your mind at rest, I too will ask and get written confirmation from them regarding the Excess for everyone to see.

Does that mean you are thinking of Coming Janey? be cool to get a good mixture of Blokes and Women on the Day, So far SheWoolf and her friend are confirmed, Alba is a Maybe if you come too that will be a 60/40 split if we get 10 which is fantastic. It may even convince some of the Other female riders to join in and bump the numbers up even more :smiley:

Whats the maximum number, mate? I may have other interested parties

They haven’t given me a Maximum, But i will ask, I think we will be good for up to 20, possibly More.

Ummm. Sort of. But not with you 'orrible lot :smiley:

When you first posted, I was thinking about joining in with you. But since then, the BF’s booked the CSB School for me in June AND given me pressie #2 out of three this Christmas of a Ron Haslam voucher (yeah, he’s good!). I think to get the most of the RH, it would be better for me to do it after the CSB, so I can put into practice what I’ve learnt. Well, that’s the theory, anyway. I reckon I won’t be doing the RH until July at the earliest.

Oh wow, can he be my BF too??? That’s a shame you won’t be coming with us but totally agree you will get more out of RHRS after doing the CSS

Sod off. Find your own Mr Pretty Damn Wonderful!

:stuck_out_tongue:

There’s also that whole thing about riding with people I know that makes me slightly hesitant about joining a group outing: despite knowing my limits, I also know that I tend to push them when that competitive, pack mentality takes hold when I’m riding as part of a group friends and acquaintances. Plus, I don’t want any witnesses to some of the howling cockups that I’m bound to make :blush:

Hey Sam, can I come and play too? If you PM the account details I’ll send the deposit by bank transfer.
I could also offer refreshments as I’ll be living just up the road from Donnington.

They cater for that very scenario, you go out with an instructor up front and 2 bikes behind and the instructor dictates the Pace and only goes faster when he knows both of you are ready for it, and he also does it in incremental changes so as not to throw you off, and i reckon i was riding about 65-75% of my limit compared to when i go out on LB rides and i was 10000% smoother and faster than any ride i’ve ever been on but felt so much safer.

PM sent, Looks like Alba has her Overnight Stay sorted then :slight_smile:

thanks Sam for looking into that.

i’m still up for the bus ride on the day but if that goes into the pooper i’m happy to accept your offer of putting me up for the night Brian you kind gentlemen :smiley:

I would prefer that too as it will be a right laugh us all together on the way up and then we can all share stories on the way back, i think it will make the journey go quicker too.

I don’t mind hiring a 17 seater and doing the driving, I will pay for it and then i will work out on the day how many people there are and we just split the cost between us for the Hire + Fuel. But this can be decided nearer the date. I think it’s safe to say we are booked to go now and the 3rd June is the Date, its now just down to Numbers, i think we may end up with closer to 15 rather than 10 :smiley:

Ive looked into it and the price for the 17 Seater for the Day is- £90 the fuel for the day will be about £60 (estimated) so that is £150 in total, so if we have 10 of us it’s £15 return and obviously the more of us there are the cheaper the travel will be. I would hazard a guess at there being closer to 15 of us at this rate so we are looking at £10 each hopefully, At that price i would say we should 100% get the Mini Bus as it’s not that expensive and it’ll be a Laugh going up there and back in it.