Ron Haslam Race School 3/6/2015

i was up for this until i saw its only 3 x 15 minute sessions,15 minutes flies by on the track not forgetting you need at least a lap to warm your tyres,i would have also wanted to use my own bike,if you go on track days with no limits they give free 1 on 1 instruction and will follow you around the track as many laps as you want ,think i will stick with that.

I think i may have got the times wrong as it seemed longer than 15 minutes each session and just looking at the website it says a Minimum of 60 Mins Track Time so it must’ve been 20 Minute sessions not 15. which i found it was plenty of time to be honest, i didn’t come away from there feeling hard done by, i really felt like i had my money’s worth from the day.and the tyres don’t need warming up as once you bring the bike into the pit there is someone waiting to jump on it straight away so the tyres never have a chance to cool down.

I would like to do a track day on my own bike but knowing my luck something would happen and i’m not in a position to be able to risk smashing my own bike up, I’ve only ever done 1 track day on my own bike and that was years ago and i didn’t get as much out of it as i did from the R.H.R.S as i had no one telling me what i was and what i wasn’t doing right, and it was a bit intimidating having people on track that were quicker than me and i had to watch out for them all the time, so for me the extra £150 it costs over a normal track day is well worth it in the long run.

I think i may have got the times wrong as it seemed longer than 15 minutes each session and just looking at the website it says a Minimum of 60 Mins Track Time so it must’ve been 20 Minute sessions not 15. which i found it was plenty of time to be honest, i didn’t come away from there feeling hard done by, i really felt like i had my money’s worth from the day.and the tyres don’t need warming up as once you bring the bike into the pit there is someone waiting to jump on it straight away so the tyres never have a chance to cool down.

I would like to do a track day on my own bike but knowing my luck something would happen and i’m not in a position to be able to risk smashing my own bike up, I’ve only ever done 1 track day on my own bike and that was years ago and i didn’t get as much out of it as i did from the R.H.R.S as i had no one telling me what i was and what i wasn’t doing right, and it was a bit intimidating having people on track that were quicker than me and i had to watch out for them all the time, so for me the extra £150 it costs over a normal track day is well worth it in the long run.

^
yep it is a little difficult doing it on your own bike the thought is always there am i gonna trash it ,thats why i sold my daytona 675,should be picking up a cheaper 600 rr when I’m back in the country end of jan so not to worried if it gets trashed.

I’d love a dedicated Track Bike, But i have so many things i do in my spare time i doubt i would find the time to fit in enough track days to warrant a dedicated Bike. Plus i’ve just signed up to be an MSV Marshall for BSB events so most of my weekends will be taken up with those duties now.

I’d love the minibus, we can all share our experiences and have a laugh.

I’m honestly afraid of smashing bike, lesthers, lid…the lot! So the option of all the stuff benig there’s is vers appealing to me.
Plus i get to try a one peice :slight_smile:

Yes, i definately think it will make the day even more of a Group Bonding thing if we done it this way, It will be a laugh on the way home comparing Instructors comments and seeing who gets the highest score :smiley:

The only issue would be the Meeting points, we have so many people from all over London/Essex i don’t really fancy doing a Door to Door service as i’ll be out for 2 days!!!

I’ve got 3 deposits in already (mine & 2 mates from work) so this is now 100% happening, I’m going to start collecting names and deposits off everyone during the 1st week in January. I am going to ask if I can get a reference number and you can pay RHRS direct and let me know when it’s done, hopefully they can do it this way otherwise you will have to pay it into my account and trust that I will pay them :slight_smile:
I think i will still be able to add names if you want to wait till end of January but if you pay a deposit this is non refundable, those are the schools rules not mine :slight_smile:

MrsB has just said ‘you should definately go, it will be fun’
Looks like I’m in, the Boss said so :smiley:
I’ll sort the deposit out after Xmas

The minibus does sound good, perhaps you can put an xtra driver on the hire policy to share the driving.

Wicked, gonna be a good day

If you pm me your bank details I’ll transfer you the deposit. :smiley:

This sounds really interesting. I’ve been off the bike for ages so would be great to get back on the track in a less “excitable” environment lol. I’m happy to join in the mini bus or drive my car and take passengers :slight_smile:

Cool, looks like we are going to have more than 10 going now so should be a great day.

Just bumping this up.

I’m going to start getting deposits in from next week, i will need £50 off everyone who is coming as deposit for the track day, i will keep hold of the deposits and make payment in full on Friday 30th January to secure the event, as this is how the race school require it. You can pay me your deposit anytime between now and the 30th (whichever suits you best) I have 3 deposits in already so only need another 7 to secure the discount but would love to get at least 15 of us going.

I have been thinking about it and am going to be doing the Fireblade regardless as you get so much more for your money,(£350) if anyone else is eligible to do the fireblade then it would be nice if there were more than just me on them. I know Lasse is considering the blade and also I think SeanR1 fancies the blades.

How would you like the deposit paid to you? Bank transfer/Papyal??

Either is good for me. I have both :slight_smile:

If anyone decides to do it via PayPal make sure you do it the way I don’t have to pay the charges as if 10 people do it that way I will end up well out of pocket :wink:

great, can you pm me the account details, I’ll do a bank transfer :slight_smile:

Now I have to diet into my leathers!! :w00t:

Cool, pm sent.

Sam. I’ve sent you 2 x £50. for myself and a friend :slight_smile: Will PM you full names!

Cool, all received :slight_smile:

I now have 5 deposits so looking great for the 10 minimum names.