Rixxy - London - Australia 2011 -2012

Hey guys,

Another new blog up including the wicked fun i had doing 4 days off roaring with some of the owners of the bars on Otres Baeach.

Hope you guys are good and see you all in a couple of months or so.

www.jamesandcat.com

Rixxy

Offroading? Think you just invented a new sport…swamp biking :w00t:

LOL…nice one, it looks like a episode of top gear!

Love the pic of that guy with the pigs on the bike, can you imagine that in the UK…

Hey guys,

We have finished, we are now in Australia, the bike has blown upper and lower gaskets and had problems with the piston rings 100 km north of Malayasia and we had to go back to Bangkok and so is going under some major work. This has meant that we have had to finish off by plane, which is a bit of a shame, but we now have been to 30 countries and covered just over 50,000 km in 11 months (28 of them by bike)

It has been a epic journey i will explain in full why we came to the difficult decision to stop but there where simply too may things stopping us continuing. I thank you all for your kind words of support and advice, it has been an amazing journey and i would not change a single day of it and I’m already looking at planning a trip round Oz for a couple of months later in 2013.

We will arrive back in the uk the first week of June Date tbc and we will plan a few drinks with an open invite to LB friends at the porter house.

Much love and see you all very soon
James and Cat

Glad to hear your made it to Oz safely, even if it was by plane. I would have been more surprised if the KTM made it in one piece tbh :stuck_out_tongue:

ha ha ha, yes i guess quite a few people had doubts about the KTM…well done and looking forward to drinkies :smiley:

Its not really the KTM and more the mechanics that didn’t fix it properly to be honest. I know another guy doing a trip on a BMW who has gone though a rear shock, a shaft drive, he’s had a problem with the cylinder head and the ignition sensor which left him stranded which the KTM never did to me… and guess what he’s on a BMW!!

If you want to ride round the world and NEVER break down - take a 125 of some sort - prob a honda!!

If you want to smile every time you get on the bike, be able to tour, go off road and feel like your really riding a hand full of a motorbike take a KTM

and if you want to be in total comfort the whole time no matter where you are but don’t really wan to go off road take the BMW.

And for the record - most traveled bike in the world at the moment today is Harley Davidson electra glide!

Sorry to hear you cut your trip a bit short, but glad you’ve made it to Oz! Look forward to seeing you back in the UK :slight_smile:

looking forward to that beer mate. great photos

Yeah we have saved Australia and Indonesia for another time. And there will be another time. 12 months on the road is what we always planned if we wanted to keep our commitment to some of our work clients and at this stage we do.

Looking forward to seeing everyone for a cuppa at the ace!!

J