Rixxy - London - Australia 2011 -2012

wow, sorry to hear that she’s got hurt,

amazing pictureS with the tiger and the biker gang, they look well hard LOL :laugh:

Hey LB family,

Hope you are all well and nor frozen to death!!

We have a new blog up, its a short one describing cats accident and the following couple of days.

Take care out there and see you all soon for a cuppa at the Ace/Borough Market!!

James

Keep em coming mate.

Give me a couple or three years in Nigeria repairing the bank balance and I hope to be doing a proper trip myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey guys,

Hello from sunny thailand - things are still bonkers here and changing all the time so with that said here is our next blog!!

www.jamesandcat.com

Happy Valentines day to all of LB!!

Have been reading your posts with interest James, fantastic adventures!

cheers mate, it been fun so far i just want to get this bike fixed and back on the road again!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone when i get back!!

Hey guys - another new blog is up so if you get 5 mins please feel free to check it out!!

Hope things are warming up over there!!

J www.jamesandcat.com

Nice one James

From the latest photos, Cat’s not looking so hot :w00t:

Oi Largos don’t be mean cos of the “result”!!

Right another blog is up, basically it brings you up to date and fingers and toes crossed we will be in Laos tomorrow (country number 29) and essentially only 16 weeks away from seeing the LB crew at the Ace!!

So when you get 5 mins have a butchers at www.jamesandcat.com

Cheerio!!

J

Hey guys,

New blog and photos are up www.jamesandcat.com

We have been in Bangkok getting the bike serviced and we hit the road tomorrow and head to Cambodia which we are really really looking forward to!! Laos was amazing, we fell in love with it and it was a shame it got caught short thanks to corner cutting by the mechanic who was supposed to have fixed the bike in Chaing Mai!!

Here a couple of pics

Hey Rixxy and Cat - enjoy Cambodia! I’m sure you will … its like a raw version of Thailand, but developing fast.

Check out this massive Preah Vihear temple on the Thai / Cambodia border on your way in - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preah_Vihear_Temple

The “Koh Ker” pyramid temple further in was good too - http://blog.andybrouwer.co.uk/2012/02/pyramid-of-koh-ker.html

There was a war between the two countries over it and the area 2 years ago, and still mines. Almost no tourists - apart from the occasional motorbiker :smiley:

The Killing Fields an Genocide museums were good, though somber.

On a happier note - the “Happy Club” is a popular gun range in Phnom Penh.

Some of the remote villages were amazing and friendly.

Advice I remember from the guides :-

• If you do go off-roading - don’t leave the track! Even for the loo. There’s still undiscovered mines all over the place.
  • When it is wet, some of the mud out there is the slipperiest going - the off-roaders called it Mud-X … really dangerous, no grip, even on off-road bikes - take care.
  • Some of the ruts and pot-holes on the dirt roads can be shockingly deep. Even worse when its wet / raining. Best to steer clear.
  • There were some examples of wooden-log bridges in the middle of a regular, fast dirt road, sometimes with logs missing!
  • Take lots of water - it gets really hot and humid

Enjoy!

Thanks Alex - Really looking forward to it!

New blog is up guys so when you get 5 mins check it out!!

www.jamesandcat.com

by the way i hope you guys notice the www.londonbikers.com sticker on the crash bar!!!

by the way i hope you guys notice the www.londonbikers.com sticker on the crash bar!!!

The pigs are alive! ffs. Love it!

YEP turns out there on there way to slaughter but they like to keep the meat fresh as possible so they don’t kill them until last minute. What they do is when they feed them in the morning they crumble up some hash and put it in the food so the pigs stay calm and don’t thrash around!!

How amazing is that!!!:smiley:

it’s not a bad way to go… high as a kite… :smiley:

Looks like your having a wicked time. Checked your blog update out, I must say its impressive.

It should only be 2-3 months until your at your destination, no?

Stay safe and I’ll look forward to meeting you when your back in London.